doing it for my babies!

Options
I've actually been using this site since the 2nd, but since I'm usually just a lurker on the community boards, I haven't introduced myself. I thought I'd be brave and do that now. :)

Hi! My name is Marin. I've had a long complicated journey through highs and lows of weight. At the beg. of 2003 I was 240lbs, then I went and served a mission for my church in Germany, and by the time I came home in Aug 2004, I was 170lbs. On return home I fell back into my old habits and when I married my hubby in Dec 2005 I was back to 220lbs.

Two months into our marriage I got pregnant with our beautiful daughter and after that my weight hovered around 235. When she was 6 months old we decided to have more kids (this was June 2007), and we've had no success since then. Meanwhile I medicated with food. We finally went to a fertility dr. in Nov. who reminded me that I needed to lose some weight for healthy babies, by then I was 250lbs. I sulked for 2 months and finally got on the ball at the beg. of this month by using this site and changing my habits.

I'm also doing a 10lb in 6 week challenge with my mom that ends on Feb. 13th, but as of today I weigh 242.9 and feeling good! I'm hoping now to make it to 239 by the 13th, I know I can do it. Really, my long term goal would to get back to 170 when I felt the best I ever have, but our short term goals involve some fertility treatments for me & my hubby and hopefully another child. I'm feeling good about both, 2009 is going to be a great year!

Replies

• sisterrigby
    sisterrigby Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've actually been using this site since the 2nd, but since I'm usually just a lurker on the community boards, I haven't introduced myself. I thought I'd be brave and do that now. :)

Hi! My name is Marin. I've had a long complicated journey through highs and lows of weight. At the beg. of 2003 I was 240lbs, then I went and served a mission for my church in Germany, and by the time I came home in Aug 2004, I was 170lbs. On return home I fell back into my old habits and when I married my hubby in Dec 2005 I was back to 220lbs.

Two months into our marriage I got pregnant with our beautiful daughter and after that my weight hovered around 235. When she was 6 months old we decided to have more kids (this was June 2007), and we've had no success since then. Meanwhile I medicated with food. We finally went to a fertility dr. in Nov. who reminded me that I needed to lose some weight for healthy babies, by then I was 250lbs. I sulked for 2 months and finally got on the ball at the beg. of this month by using this site and changing my habits.

I'm also doing a 10lb in 6 week challenge with my mom that ends on Feb. 13th, but as of today I weigh 242.9 and feeling good! I'm hoping now to make it to 239 by the 13th, I know I can do it. Really, my long term goal would to get back to 170 when I felt the best I ever have, but our short term goals involve some fertility treatments for me & my hubby and hopefully another child. I'm feeling good about both, 2009 is going to be a great year!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the luck and success with your weight loss and your family. :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you in your weight loss & the continuation of your family! :flowerforyou:
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Welcome...and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Good luck with your first goal!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hello & Welcome!! Good luck to you on reaching all of your goals!! :wink: