Weighing once a week or daily?

Options
2»

Replies

• ashleyhylland
    ashleyhylland Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Once a week for myself. I tried doing it everyday and that was to much of a fluctuation for me to see. I do much better seeing results at the end of the week or what I did during the week that I need to hold myself accountable for!
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily.
  • brijorde12
    brijorde12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love taking pics! Great way to look and see the progress you made and keep you motivated!!
  • darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    im going to start again.
    used to weigh daily but it destroyed my life (as i became obsessive... could not eat anything without a scale in front of me).
    so this time im going to use mfp without a scale (so only add things that are easy... if i eat a yogurt cup, then record yogurt cups nutrition, but im not going to weigh yogurt lol).
  • fbg419
    fbg419 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Weight daily only tracks your water/meal from dinner last night or whatever. Once or every two weeks is more accurate.
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Monthly for me. It's a new thing because weighing daily was driving me nuts.
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I used to do daily but I felt like I was getting obsessed so I switched to once a week. I'm beginning to lean towards two weeks just as an exercise in discipline.
  • haroldrios1692
    haroldrios1692 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Weekly on Saturday mornings on empty stomach.
  • Snicolej
    Snicolej Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily to keep my mojo but I only log my weigh in on Wednesday ! Find what works best for you and roll with it ! Good luck to everyone with the support of MFP we can do this !
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    When I lose weight. :-) Weekly.
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    At first, I only weighed myself once a month. I couldn't handle the up and down, up and down, knowing how far I had to go. That worked for me. As I lost more, I felt it benefited me to weigh myself once a week. I could see if I was losing or not and what was or wasn't working.... Recently, about a month or so ago, I began weighing myself every day at the same time, no clothes... It has been a real motivator and helps keep me in tune with my goals. I'm a bit of a science nerd so I am intereted in seeing how my body responds to amounts of water, salt intake, foods I eat, etc etc.... It has just helped me be more conscious about what is going in.... At the end of the day, you do what works for you and helps keep you on track :)
  • laceyn18
    laceyn18 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Twice a day. I have noticed the better I am eating the less my weight fluctuates throughout the day. Also knowing I have to face the scale before I go to bed makes me much more conscience of what I eat at dinner and prevents me eating myself into a coma at dinner.
  • chrissy28
    chrissy28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily every morning out if habit. Sometimes I'll weigh at night too if I want to see how I did that day. I actually like it. For the most part, I see progress almost daily so if helps me stay motivated.
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    As my nutritionist advised... WEEKLY! B) ***Daily is my old obsession and the recipe for disappointment.
  • WalkingQueen1979
    WalkingQueen1979 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh once a week but sometimes twice a week. It keeps me motivated checking weekly