Calorie adjustment

Options
When/ how often do you adjust your calories? And by how much?

Replies

• Treuthiness
    Treuthiness Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Not entirely sure what you mean. Can you elaborate?
  • crysgay
    crysgay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    FP will automatically adjust your calorie intake as you lose weight (as long as you are logging your weight!). Otherwise, you should readjust every 5 pounds lost.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I just adjusted from 1.400 to 1.200 cal per day. Was plateauing for 3 weeks. Time to eat less.
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I re-set it at about 10 pounds lost. Did the same with my fitness band.
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Mfp doesn't readjust for me unless I set a new goal. Not sure id thats just a weird problem for me or everyone has that, but went down 40 lbs, logging weight every weekend, without it adjusting. so now i plan to every 10-15 lbs, or when I feel like I'm losing slower than I have before, I will go in and edit my goal, but not actually change the weight. That will trigger it to recalculate.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    MFP adjusts calories for every 10lbs lost automatically from what I can remember....
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    The goal I have in my user account is my final goal, the big one, all the way down to 160. I log my weight each day and MFP adjusts my calorie goal with each 10 lb loss from my starting weight 5 months ago.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I don't change my nutrition as long as I'm making progress. My goal is to keep my calories as high as possible while I lose weight so I have more room to make adjustments if I hit a plateau. If you're still making progress, then keep those calories up.