Own an Elliptical?

Options
I'm looking to buy one with income taxes. Sell me on yours! :wink:

I'm looking for one with movable arms and not too big and bulky. It will either go in the garage or in the den.

Thanks!

Replies

• denyann
    denyann Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm looking to buy one with income taxes. Sell me on yours! :wink:

I'm looking for one with movable arms and not too big and bulky. It will either go in the garage or in the den.

Thanks!
  • meloui
    meloui Posts: 7
    Options
    I absolutely love mine and workout on it for 20 minutes every morning before eating and drinking. It was a huge part of losing my previous 12 lbs!!!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you get one you'll use...not an expensive clothes hanger!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I think precor is a pretty good one...they have em at my gym, according to the website though, they're like 3k!
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    Just make sure you try it out before you buy it. Some don't have a very wide range of motion and will make your knees and quads very sore. I've tried out many and I found that the Nordic Track one and the Reebok one are both very good.
  • denyann
    denyann Posts: 15
    Options
    I absolutely love mine and workout on it for 20 minutes every morning before eating and drinking. It was a huge part of losing my previous 12 lbs!!!

Which model do you own?

michnthecity, I know, thats what my husband said too! But I love the elliptical, and can't make it to the gym because of the baby and no babysitter.
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    I have a Schwinn after doing extensive research. I was prepared to spend more but after reading reviews on the Schwinn was pleasantly surprised to learn that I might be able to get a quality machine at a lesser price. I use mine about 5 - 6 times a week and hubby uses it some also. It's held up well with no problems so far.

Good luck in your search.
    :flowerforyou:
  • mommy2boys
    Options
    I have one, an Eclipse, & I really like it. Kicks my butt every time! I usually try to do it 2-3 times a week but just got my Hip Hop Abs dvd's so I'm switching it up a little!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I have a cheap Gold's Gym one that I bought at Wal-Mart for about $250 on clearance. I actually really like it. It has the moving arms (but nothing adjustable for height... good thing I'm about average :wink: ). It also has built-in speakers to plug your mp3 player in, a built-in fan, a water bottle holder, and about 20 pre-programmed routines. I've had no trouble with it being a less expensive model than something you'd buy at a fitness store and use it a few times a week.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I bought mine at Sears in 2004 on sale for 399$

I used it as a clothes hanger until 2006, then I used it regularly to exercise after that -almost daily for over a year! The past 2 years I've been using it anywhere from once a week to a few times a week from 20-60 minutes at a shot.... and I've never had any problems with it. I don't trust the electronic reading for calorie burn as I don't trust ANY machine for a correct calorie burn, but the heart rate reading it gives me always matches my HRM and the distance seems about right.

I've had other people tell me it's a cheapo or cruddy brand, but I don't agree since mine seems to have always worked just fine and helped me lose all that weight! :tongue:

It's made by Proform :smile: