Calorie counting without exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yeh you don't have to work out at all if you don't want too. As long as you have a calorie deficit. I find working out speeds things a long though. Also good for toning
  • asjt678
    asjt678 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    wytey wrote: »
    exercising, going to the gym just means that you lose weight faster, and/or you can eat more

currently 1520 calories before exercise

I'm 5'8 and 198.6lbs

I need smaller clothes

Happy for your loss!! We are the same height. MFP has me at 1600 a a day. Just curious, what is goal weight?
  • JillCarlyle
    JillCarlyle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    While clean and healthy eating is 80% of the weight loss journey, exercise is extremely important for a healthy heart and a healthy life. You absolutely don't need a gym. I work out from home 6-7 days a week; while I do use the 21 Day Fix videos primarily, I also walk and use my own body weight for many of my workouts. Moving 30 minutes a day (walking, dancing, cleaning etc.) is vital for your health in the long run. Yes, you can lose by diet alone, but eventually, you will need exercise to accompany your healthy diet for maximum healthy results.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it now as I am on activity restrictions after surgery. :(

But even without a gym there is still a lot you can do--pop your daughter into a pram and take her for a walk or go to a playground with her!
  • zuly886
    zuly886 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My advice is it depends on height and weight working out is good in a part because it helps you gain muscles plus helps you stay active more if you cant afford the gym you can always try home exercises i do that especially cardio you can buy dumbbells and pull strings it helps alot and keep tracking your calories everyones body is different good luck
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    sazzle1983 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply! I'm moving soon and won't be able to afford the gym anymore sadly so hoping to just lose through calorie deficit. Looking to lose 42lb xx

I do not belong to a gym. I ride my own bike in our court. I also walk frequently.
  • Jeyradan
    Jeyradan Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I can't afford a gym and haven't got much time in my day, but my size and calorie allowance are so low that I'd never get to eat anything if I didn't exercise to earn it. I've found a few things that work for me or my friends:

- the Sworkit app (free, interesting, varied and it syncs with MFP to log your personal calorie burn for you!)
    - inexpensive local classes (for instance, I found an aikido group that offers up to three two-hour classes a week for £18 a month, which is financially feasible for me and gives me accountability to actually go train)
    - YouTube workout videos (free! my mother swears by these for herself)
    - walking to run errands instead of taking public transit (I don't have a car, so walking saves money over transit and usually takes me two to six hours, so it burns a fair few calories; cycling would also work)