517lbs and looking for MFP pals

Options
Hey everybody! My name is Marvin and I'm looking for pals on mfp lol. A little about myself, I'm 24 years old, living in the good ol' state of Illinois, just outside of Chicago. I have started and stopped and restarted Diets too many times to count. I finally realise that I need a lifestyle change, and this morning I think I got the boost I needed. I stepped on the scale this morning, and found out I lost 12.8lbs since May 22nd! I'm currently 517lbs, and understand that this weight needs to come off Pronto, so that I can finally enjoy my life! So, feel free to add me! I can definitely use the support and motivation. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• clarity8796
    clarity8796 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • weightliftingbarbie
    weightliftingbarbie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want :)
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    added

take it slow, allowing your body to adapt to the changes

hence the crash diets, yes you lose weight fast, but once it is over, many gain it back again

weight will come off fast and more to start with, but as you lose weight, it will take more work and time, but keep at it
  • marvindaily
    marvindaily Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you that is excellent advice, I never thought about slowly reducing my calories weekly. I'm going to definitely try that. Thanks everyone for the support, it really helps!
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Add in positive goals, too-- lifestyle change isn't always about stopping or removing things. Activity goals, goals for logging and checking in with MFP, trying a new veggie every week or month or whatever. These will bring you closer to your weightloss goals, and carry you through the times that weightloss plateaus but healthy habits persist.

You have a lifetime to make these changes, so focus on gradual, sustainable changes. Focus on one habit this month, add another one next month.
  • msadamsr
    msadamsr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started this process myself and am always looking for new friends going through the same thing to motivate each other!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on making the decision to get your life back. This will be a long and sometimes difficult process and you may deal with a lot of emotions along the way but that is what we are all here for. I have found MFP to be an awesome community of people looking to help one another to get healthy. Please add me. I love what @sc487 and @Cheesy567 are suggesting. Make gradual changes every week, don't try to do everything at once. You will see results and we're here to support you.

• marvindaily
    marvindaily Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your support and kind words! And everyone's advice is awesome as well!
  • maffff
    maffff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good luck fella!
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    All great advice so far. The slow and steady route will be the best in the long run.

Good luck, and feel free to add me if you're still looking for supportive friends :)
  • shaky115
    shaky115 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Marvin, feel free to add me! Wishing on the best on your journey!
  • AndyJBacon
    AndyJBacon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. Log every single day. Try to move more than you used to every single day. It WILL come off.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Hi Marvin! I am also from the Chicago area. Add me if you like! Best of luck to you.
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Marvin!!
  • bbaker637
    bbaker637 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started today. I am feeling excited to get and give support.
  • tinamarie6624
    tinamarie6624 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've added you. I started with MFP in January at 378 Lbs and now I am 301 about to break 300 which makes me very happy (so far). You can do this. It will be a journey but I think the journey is well worth the sacrifice. I know I probably have a year and half or more before my journey will be complete. Good luck!
  • golf_pro_wife
    golf_pro_wife Posts: 20 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You can add me too :smile: if there is anyone else out there that wants to add me, you are more than welcome to.
  • schwenkler22
    schwenkler22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Everyday i remind myself that time passes anyways, so why not try to take control of my life now? Everday we have the choice, it's a matter of sticking to that choice! desiring a longer life that's more fulfilled with activity keeps me on track! Knowing that people only see me for who i am on the outside and judge based on my weight has held me back for too long, I'm changing that one day at a time!! You can do it also:)
  • RosaSaysRawrr
    RosaSaysRawrr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Rosa. Im currently 218lbs and would like some friends to help motivate and I can help too. I started this week and been working out so, so far so good. Feel free to add me! and ill add you back