Fitness watch with chest strap HR monitor and alarm function?

Options
Hi all,

Just wondering if the above exists. I currently use a basic Garmin with GPS and chest strap, which is great but the 4:45 alarm I set before I go running is bothering my partner, who likes his sleep! Can anyone suggest a solution? Looked into fitbit but all reviews seem to question the accuracy of the HR function, so I'm looking for something that will vibrate me awake but also measure HR accurately, preferably with a strap.

Replies

• ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar V800, the alarm makes a low chirping sound and vibrates
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    My 630's alarm can be made silent and vibrate. I've used a few times without any issue. I believe this function is in all the newer Garmin Forerunners.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar as well. Works perfectly
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    My 630's alarm can be made silent and vibrate. I've used a few times without any issue. I believe this function is in all the newer Garmin Forerunners.

It's like that on the 230 too
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I love my Fenix 3, it's a fantastic running, swimming, cycling, hiking, and climbing watch, and the vibrating alarm is great, I get up before Beth does and it doesn't wake her. Holy run on sentence!
  • MinaHamadache
    MinaHamadache Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks all...I have an old Forerunner, so will have a look! Will also check out Polar and Fenix. It's not often I get to buy a fancy new gadget and be able to justify it for the sake of my relationship!