The difference between weight training and cardio...

Options
Well, I just came across some old progress pictures from last year, when I was also trying to lose weight, and noticed a bit of difference between now and then.

20fdkaw.jpg

There's only about two pounds of difference between these two photos, but I think I look less fluffy than I did then...primarily because I started incorporating weight training about a month ago. I was doing ONLY cardio (and an hour a day of it) last year when I tried to lose weight. The number on the scale has gone down more slowly, but I think a difference in body composition like this is worth it. (:

Andddd I started a three month challenge on tumblr today for weight loss, so these are my pics for that too. (:

2nbtthd.jpg

*Right click and open image in a new tab to see the whole thing! It's hard to scale down. (:

I've got 5.8 pounds to go to my first major goal weight, where I'll reassess what I want to do from there! So far I've lost 13 pounds (started at 161.8, now at 148.8).

Replies

• OneFitMom_
    OneFitMom_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!!
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    Options
    good example of how you go for look, inches and body fat lost! not pounds
    great job!
  • ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That was a cool post. Thanks for sharing. I started using weights when I started p90x and am now a firm believer in incorporating strength training. I weigh a little more than I have in the past but feel and look better.
  • mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    Options
    It such a good thing to hear from others. I have been doing cardio for a month and added weights (p90x) only 2 weeks ago and can already see a difference in body comp BUT not in weight. I'm okay with that if it means a leaner look. Keep up the amazing work! Thanks for the inspirational photos. I think I may have to post soon too :)
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Great job, I couldn't agree with you more. I haven't lost any weight in the past few months, but have gone down a pants size. I was always doing cardio and weights, but I changed up the routine to get rid of some of the "flab"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!