Anyone tried both Samsung-Galaxy and iphone ?

Options

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    How much do you want to do with your phone?
    Calls, text and facebook? Android.
    Music production, video editing, fitness tracking, finance management, photo editing? iPhone. All these things CAN be done on Android, but not as efficiently.
    Now, if your a IT guy, you'll find the Apple ecosystem "confining", if you need to get things done you'll find it "efficient".
  • Reneesjourney2bfit
    Reneesjourney2bfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a Samsung S5 Active...Had it since it came out, my son wanted the new IPhone, I tried playing with it to see if I wanted to change phones, not a chance. I've dropped my phone, have gotten it in water, among other things and never had to worry about it breaking or not working. (That's with all Actives) My son dropped his phone a week after he got it, the screen broke. I hate the ios operating system, and for the Samsung if you don't like the "bloat" as it's been called, just delete it, not that difficult. I could probably live with my phone for another couple years but I want the 7, so I can get the oculusrifts ( 3D glasses). I will always be a Samsung girl...
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If you're not a fan of all the pre-installed software from Samsung get a Nexus device. They are the basic Android interface which is much easier to use than Touchwiz, IMO.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I've used both and always go back to my iPhones. For me, the lack of software updates on Android phones VS timely iOS updates on iPhone made my decision to return to the iPhone that much easier.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I've used both and always go back to my iPhones. For me, the lack of software updates on Android phones VS timely iOS updates on iPhone made my decision to return to the iPhone that much easier.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »

This is also not an issue with Nexus devices, they are the first devices updated since there are no carrier or manufacturer added applications.
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    both phones have good points, I think its really a personal preference.
    My parents both have galaxy s6 and its great and they love it but i find it a bit uncomfortable to use because android is quite different from ios.
    i prefer my iphone 6, but i think thats mostly because all my other devices sync up to it best while my pen doesnt sync up to android at all.
  • Sirius66TheBeat
    Sirius66TheBeat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Still waiting for any new news on the LG G3 Pro...6" screen and loaded with sweet specs.
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Current Phone: Galaxy S7

I started with using iPhones and liked how well it synced music with my PC iTunes app. Until....

One day I crashed my PC and had to re-format. Next time I connected my iPhone, it had to blank it out and re-format as well. iPhones can only be linked to one computer, Androids don't have that limitation AND at times, come in handy as a backup USB drive for files. Can't do that on iPhone.

Since that day, I've been on Android. Nexus phones do have the simplistic feel, but with the latest iteration of the TouchWiz on the Galaxy S7 being less in the way, I prefer the TW since it adds customizations that are lacking on the Nexus vanilla OS.

As far as the camera, the S7/Note 5 has been lauded with having the best camera on a smartphone....period.

For me, I've found apps that fill the void from my iPhone days and when I can get up to 2 days of battery life without a case...AND use SamsungPay wherever I can swipe a credit card...the decision to stay specifically with Samsung Flagships makes it easy.

Hope this helps....
  • ljread1
    ljread1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Android Galaxy S6 user here.
    There's so much more freely available and you can do so much with your android, from rooting to customising it, app availability and cost of things.
    However, sadly, the S6 battery life is absolutely rubbish just like my previous S3, unless you reboot and wipe cache every day.
    Don't leave the house without your charger.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I had an S5 Active. The phone is what an engineer would call fit for use. It's waterproof, can take a 4 ft drop with no extra case, you can add memory cards. My S5 has a user replaceable battery (around $20), Samsung no longer does that.

I laugh when people talk about how elegant a iPhone looks. Hell, if it's not in a big case, it has a cracked screen, really elegant.

Consumer Reports (who tend to love Apple) rank 7 phones above the iPhone 6S, including the S5, S6 Active and the S7.

Had an iPhone before the S5. No difference in usability for my purposes.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I prefer my Samsung S7 Edge to my iPhone.
  • laylietha
    laylietha Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It depends. If you like what's in and more of a pleasable view then iPhone is the way to go. Up to date. Sleek in style. Gets most common things done. But if you're more into customizing, getting more things done then an android is good for you. It may not look as pleasing as the iPhone or be in style but androids can deffinately do more and the newer phones have better specs. I've constantly switched between iPhone and android. Im planning on switching to an iPhone due to the visual's and it will work with all my other apple devices. But for certain things I can't do on an iPhone I'm also keeping an android to the side for certain uses.
  • NovaDuck
    NovaDuck Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've used various Android phones (my favourite was the Nexus 4) and 2 iPhones (only 5c and 5s however). I prefer the simplicity of the iPhone and camera quality, and a few other things. I do however thoroughly recommend a Nexus device if you want to go Android. Skip the bloat of Samsung and go with pure Android!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Android all the fkn way since Galaxy S4. Then S5, S6 and now LG V10. Before that I had a IPhone 4S. Ok at the time.

Can't beat the customization options on Android.
  • looking4gains
    looking4gains Posts: 88 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    f5xquo6m48w5.png
    The only reason I choose iPhone over Android. Lol. That type box is great. They both are very similar. But iMessage is the best.
  • jessicaannandrew
    jessicaannandrew Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have had both. I have to say, I like the bigger screen on the samsung galaxy s6 active. however it isn't indestructible as they say. I have a cracked screen and it will cost $200 to replace. If the iphone gets damaged it is a little cheaper to fix. I like both of them, they both have good points.
  • James5154
    James5154 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Samsung and the Galaxy all the way for me. To me it is like Apple Computer vs PC. If one is happy feeling secure with the operating system without being able to tweak and expand and try this or that then Iphone is the best. Just the opposite is true if you are more adventurous in fine tuning, getting behind the pretty and exploring what more can be done with a cell phone -- then Android all the way. Expand-ability, capability and versatility via programs -- Samsung.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I've got the galaxy 5S and love it, had it 2 years. I try to use an iphone, the childrens have them, HATED IT!!! I feel like the interface with the samsung is just so much easier. The only downside to the galaxy is there are just not as many apps as IPhone an if you have to have that puppydog face on your snapchat then iphone is for you.