Opinions...from everyone...wanna know what you think..thank

Options
My main goal on here is to maintain my weight or lose (which I only weigh 104.8). I eat 1200 calories or lower a day. Don't eat out as much. Maybe once a week. I have already had breakfast, snack and lunch for the day. (total calorie so far today---->>> 600 and something). I have like 500 something left to eat. Now my question is if I go out to eat, which I always get salads there, and they are soo high in calories...will it be okay???? I will eat right all day tomorrow. I just don't want to gain weight. Will I gain from that damn ZaxbY's fried chicken Salad with ranch and texas toast. i REALLY WANT IT!!! LOL

Replies

• KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    no.. a pound is equal to 3500 caloires.. you'll be fine.. just drink loooooooooots of water to flush out the sodium
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    i doubt it will make any difference. go ahead and indulge some :) a salad such as that will be high in sodium, so it might make a tad difference if you would get on the scale in the morning, but it will disappear just as quick.
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    Options
    you dont gain weight overnight
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    You should be able to eat much more than 1200 calories to maintain your weight. Did you change your settings to maintenence to get a new calorie number? And one big meal a week won't kill you.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    No, you will not gain. It's hard to gain a pound in one day, seriously. You'd need to eat 3500 above and beyond your maintenance level to gain a pound. You might be up on the scale tomorrow because of the sodium, but that's about it darling.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    No you wont gain weight from that one salad. You have to consume WAY more calories than that to gain a pound. You may have some water weight the next day from sodium but not an actual weight gain.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    A salad is ruffage and exits the body fairly quickly :-)

I dont think the cals are gonna cause any sort of gain for you, whatsoever. Eat up and enjoy!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    if you do gain anything it'll just be water retention from the sodium. just keep drinking that water and you'll be fine. Its not everyday you eat at Zaxby's.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Nah, you won't gain weight from one splurge. I agree that you'll need to drink lots of water. :)
  • FunkyCowgirl
    FunkyCowgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    no.. a pound is equal to 3500 caloires.. you'll be fine.. just drink loooooooooots of water to flush out the sodium

Just a quick bit of information, from what I understand a pound is actually equal to only 500 calories.
    Take all the advise you get with a grain of salt....pardon the pun!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    The thing about salads like that though is, if you are going to eat 1200 calories for dinner, wouldn't you rather have a burger or something? That kind of salad doesn't really count as a salad, unless you really just like salads....
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options

Just a quick bit of information, from what I understand a pound is actually equal to only 500 calories.

Not sure where you got this from - but the 3500 calories = 1 lb is correct. You have to have an excess over what you burn by 3500 calories to gain a pound of fat. You have to eat a deficit of 3500 calories under what you burn to lose a pound. I don't think it works the same way for gaining/losing muscle, but that's 3500 cals = 1 lb is right for fat.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    My main goal on here is to maintain my weight or lose (which I only weigh 104.8). I eat 1200 calories or lower a day. Don't eat out as much. Maybe once a week. I have already had breakfast, snack and lunch for the day. (total calorie so far today---->>> 600 and something). I have like 500 something left to eat. Now my question is if I go out to eat, which I always get salads there, and they are soo high in calories...will it be okay???? I will eat right all day tomorrow. I just don't want to gain weight. Will I gain from that damn ZaxbY's fried chicken Salad with ranch and texas toast. i REALLY WANT IT!!! LOL

You said 1200 calories or lower, it should be 1200 calories or just above. BTW, salads are only high in calories if you top it with a fatty meat, cheese, croutons, and dressing. Anywho, one day out won't kill you anyway . . . a week out is something to be concerned about however.
  • yalmira82
    yalmira82 Posts: 37
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I have let my food get the best of me...over the years! Worring, and stressing out if I eat this one time it will ruin me. I am working at overcoming a problem and have done awesome. This site helps me sooo much! I am learning eating right THE RIGHT WAY and it is okay every once in a while!!!! Thanks for the opinions.:happy:
  • yalmira82
    yalmira82 Posts: 37
    Options
    i LOVE SALAD I lost 100 lbs five years ago...and I love ---love to eat...so I eat salads ALL the time. More food and healthy than all the thick over loading foods. Portion size is big when I make a salad at home...but really there is not that much calories in them. i just choose them over burgers....the way I look at it...if you eat a burger than you are going to want fries. Plus all the greese and breading from fires and burgers will cling to your gut!!! I love fried foods too...so I just choose to eat the fried chicken on some vegies.....Has worked so far!!!!

I eat at least one to 2 salads a day...Maybe sometimes I skip a day or two. I have come up with so many ways to make salads and I have put soo many different weird things on them....JUST MY THING!!!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options

i would like to know where u got that faulty info...
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    The salad by itself is probably okay. :)

MY advice is skip the texas toast... A regular slice of white bread is about 110 calories. Texas toast is usually about the same thickness as 2 slices... And.. if you load it up with all that butter/margarine and the garlic whosawhatsits they use... well.. Lets just say, it's probably movin' towards 350+ calories for that once slice of greasy goodness. :)

You might ask if they have a low fat ranch dressing also, some places do. :)

Good luck!