Trying to lose 100 lbs

Options
Just got a gym membership three days ago and I've been working out two hours a day.
Trying to lose this weight

Replies

• sassymc86
    sassymc86 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Outstanding dedication already! You can beat it!
  • jenny3073
    jenny3073 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm by no means any expert on exercise but find your pace, try not to over do it too early on, you'll burn out! Being 175 lbs over my ideal weight, I totally relate to just wanting to get it off and be done with, we'll get there!
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I understand wanting to jump right into it going hard but pace yourself. 1. you don't want to end up with an injury that could have been avoided. 2. you don't want to burn yourself out!
  • hrosssm
    hrosssm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome girl! I'm plugging away at my 100 lbs to lose too. Almost down 60! Having an accountability/support group really helps! Good luck!!
  • NesCastanon
    NesCastanon Posts: 101 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    First off, awesome braids :) 2 hours a day? you are a beast! When I started I was doing the same thing. A fitness trainer at the gym told me work smart, hit the gym hard for 30-60 min no rest and you can burn just as many calories as someone working out for hours. Fantastic start though keep up the good work.
  • TieFightHer
    TieFightHer Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I went from 250 to 150 just by exercise and eating healthier...of course I gained 25 back that's why I'm here now! Ugh!

But like some comments said earlier, don't burn yourself out too quickly. It will discourage you! Focus on higher intensity intervals of 30-60 minutes when you're ready and on rest days maybe do 45 minutes of walking on the treadmill or outside. Don't forget to stretch!

I'm just starting a daily exercise regimen again too and it's kicking my butt. I'm doing a lot from home using Fitness Blender since I don't like gym people (no offense!). Their website is great for at-home workouts and if you really give it your all and don't fake it, you will burn a lot of calories and sweat your booty off.

Anyway, I will add you and anyone can feel free to add me since I'm new.

:)

-Rebecca / Tie Fight-Her

• plubbers79
    plubbers79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It is hard to maintain that pace. 2 hours a everyday is to much. You need to take some rest days. Most athletes take a day off every 3 days. During this time period you could do a yoga class or just rollout your body and stretch(you should do this after every workout). This will help you rehab the muscle that you have torn working out.
    Do higher intensity workouts also. If you can make sure you do them in the morning so it will boost your metabolism throughout the day. Then if you feel like doing a another work out, do it 8 hrs later. This will give you time to recover. Don't do the same workout twice. Break it up into cardio day/ weights or body weight at night or the other way.
    Diet is the most important thing is this equation. Track what you normally eat for a week then use the app to decipher what you need to cut out. This will open your eyes to see how eating habits make you what you are.
    Finally pick a goal and work towards it. Some people say pick a reasonably goal. I say pick one that you want no matter how silly it may be. If you want to be the next bikini super model or run the Boston then do it. No one gets in your way besides yourself. good luck stay motivated. The first step to greatness is putting one foot in front of the other.

v/r
    patrick

• jedwards92286
    jedwards92286 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We are all in this together! I agree with what others had said though, please be careful not to burn yourself out! Feel free to add me :)