PALEO LifeStyle

Options
A little over a month ago I took the pluge to go PALEO. It's proven to be quite the commitment and while it's not that hard it is hard. When my significant other is home I have such a hard time not deviating from the path.
for those of you who don't know PALEO is well the "caveman" diet you don't eat anything made in the last 10,000 years you cook in animal fat instead of oils and you don't eat grains. You get your energy from animal fat instead of grains just like how the cavemen used to. (those are the basics) I've lost 16 lbs. I've also found that if I even eat a tiny bit of grains or rice my body feels like it's been run over. which makes it almost not worth it but who doesn't love grains, rice and potatos? I know I do they are my favorite foods besides veggies and make it so hard to stay away. from. Has anyone else tried this lifestyle? if so do you have any tips?

Replies

• SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    hey fellow paleo/primal grok girl here.....ugh I hate the 'caveman diet' explanation because it is so much more than that :wink:
    I find that not buying or keeping the crap in the house is the best way to stay away. Once your stop eating it, you wont crave it or even want it, but we all do slip and that's ok. Its just about making the healthy and conscious decision to make better food choices.

Feel free to add me :happy:
  • JenWittman
    Options
    Thanks your right about the explanation I just had a six month old crawling up my leg. it was a cop-out. I do not keep it in the house but I do find I still crave it. I've only slipped up a few times thanks for the support!
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    ha ha ya my daughter is 2 so i totally know how that goes!! Your welcome I love meeting fellow groks :smile:
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I just started the Paleo lifestyle too. It is hard, I have 4 kids at home. My husband is trying this too. I need to get everything outmof my house that isn't Paleo, then it will be easier, I am going to try and get my kids on Paleo, then it will be easier. I just bought " Everyday Paleo" she has a section on getti your kids on Paleo too. I hope it works.
    Friend me if you want to support each other
  • chadtheman11b
    Options
    it is tough an i have strayed on ocasion but myself and my fam. love it . the food is better tasting than most of the junk out there. it is an added benifet