Body Beast June 6 to August 31

Options
Hey Hey Hey, if anyone is interested in being in a group for encouragement and motivation to see the Body Beast workout to the end, feel free to join in.

Replies

• RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    I started the Lean schedule two weeks ago. It's tough so far, but I like it. I am taking a couple short holidays in the next two months so am slightly shifting the schedule and will end right around the same time.
  • massam332
    massam332 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started the Lean schedule two weeks ago. It's tough so far, but I like it. I am taking a couple short holidays in the next two months so am slightly shifting the schedule and will end right around the same time.

Ok great! I've factored in some vacations in between as well, hence the extended time. Im doing lean as well. Tried it out 2 days last week as a trial run. Going at it now seriously.
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    Awesome. Tomorrow I will finish round 3 (I am doing 4 full rounds) of the block 1 build workouts. I am making good progress already with weight increases. I am also trying BCAAs during workouts and I think they are helping with doms but I still hurt the most the third day after the workout. And I didn't like Sagi at first, but I'm warming to him now lol. Keep me posted!
  • louie61403
    louie61403 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mine is supposed to arrive today or tomorrow so I'm hoping to get started this weekend!
  • massam332
    massam332 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im struggling this week to keep my schedule. Really hoping to get back and bis on today.
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just restarted Body Beast on Monday. I've had to modify the schedule a bit, as I have physical therapy for my knee, so technically doing a lower body w/o 3x week. But I would love to have some new friends to share the journey!!

Barbara
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    That's great, @louie61403 !

Sorry you are struggling, @massam332 . Hope you got your back and bi workout in.

Smart to modify the schedule, Barbara! Good luck with the knee rehab.

I messed up my schedule and did shoulders a day early. I already find the shoulders workout the hardest but this time it was harder still and I couldn't increase any weights. Then, when I went to check it off, I realized why. So I took a rest day yesterday and will do cardio/abs today instead.

I only did the Beast Cardio video week 1. It was okay, and I have a lot of room for improvement on it. But I didn't love it, so I'm going to stick to running/walking 2-3 x a week for my cardio instead.

I'm on holidays next week, so I have modified the schedule. Will finish up Block 1 Build before I go and then move into Block 2 Bulk when I return.
  • 1jeaniebeanie
    1jeaniebeanie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello, My program comes in the mail today! I can't wait to start. I have heard lots of great reviews! Are you all in a MFP group for support or just using the discussion topic to support each other? Either way! I would love to be included in the support for this program!
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    Yay, so glad you are starting it too. We're just in this thread as far as I know :)
  • dbcolosky
    dbcolosky Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I am starting on Monday and look to lose at least 30 lbs and get to a younger looking me. Can't wait to get started
  • Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5 of the Bulk Phase. I love this program!
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    Super @dbcolosky ! I would love to lose at least 30 more pounds too. Good luck!

@Emijanine that's wonderful. Well done! I am starting the bulk phase in a week. Looking forward to it.

Today, I did legs and then tried to go for a run or run/walk after. My legs disagreed. So I walked.
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    I have 3.3, 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, 20, and 25 lb dumbbells. I'm finding the jump from 15 to 20 a bit too much and haven't yet used the 25 lbs ones. Anyone use adjustable dumbbells (Bowflex, Powerblocks, etc.)? Are they worth the money? Any complications with them?
  • dbcolosky
    dbcolosky Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ive got 8,10,15,20. Hoping to add on in the next couple weeks.
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    I used the 20-lb dumbbells for a couple of exercises in the last two workouts and can see that I won't be going up to 25 any time soon. I need smaller increments for sure.
  • fitness1398
    fitness1398 Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm starting round 6 and it is great to see others do the same program.