Does the heat (hot weather) make you binge eat?

Options
ABHY7
ABHY7 Posts: 70 Member
Honestly don't know whats happened to me, the last week I have not stopped eating! I cant concentrate when choosing the foods I want to eat so i go with the easiest, most convenient most unhealthiest options!! Bring back the cold I say.....oopss!

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Honestly, no. Heat makes me want to eat less, unless it's cold and refreshing - think watermelon, cucumber salads, etc.

Of course, it's not hot in my house, so I eat normally over the summer. I hate being hot.
  • mespreeman
    mespreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. If its hot, I don't get hungry. During the summer, I often eat a large breakfast early and then not again until around 9

Same here.
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Not really, but it does make me want to skip the gym. I'm a sweaty person, and in the hot summer it's even worse, despite the air conditioning. At least the pool is open now, that's my favorite activity.
  • ABHY7
    ABHY7 Posts: 70 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You know, I think the heat makes me tired and tiredness makes me make poor food choices!! Its like I'm constantly hungover...lol Ok enough excuses, need to get back to normal!!
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I eat less. However! The heat makes me crave a nice cold beer or white wine!
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Depending on how long you've been doing this, sometimes you just hit a wall and decide to eat all the foods! Take a breath, brush yourself off and decide how you will do better, maybe prelogging and preplanning a treat for later?
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. When I'm hot, I'm hardly ever hungry, but when I'm cold, I could eat 4000 calories in a day.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    No it's hard to eat when it's too hot. I started losing weight (down about 85 pounds now) last summer, without trying, because it was just too damn hot to eat much. Once I saw the results, I decided to keep it up.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I have less appetite when it's hot...sometimes I have to force myself to eat because I know I need to but I don't really have much appetite. The hot weather does make me want to sit on my patio and drink cold beer and smoke cigars though. It also makes me want to skip my rides which is why I always sign up for cycling events in the summer...have to train if I'm registered for races.
  • kuechi
    kuechi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cold makes you hungry cuz it needs more burn to calories to make you warm
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else here ... really hot weather makes me want to drink (water, fruit juice, etc.) but not eat.

In cold weather, that's when I want to eat. That's when I'd like to pack away the pasta and large bowls of thick soup and stuff like that.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hot weather makes me feel like it's "summer vacation" which means "summer treats" like ice cream and soda and hot dogs. I try to avoid that temptation! But on the weekends, sometimes I splurge.
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Not when I'm hot. I tend to overeat when I'm tired because I just don't feel like exercising or making an effort at anything.

Toddler was sick last week so not much sleep for me or her and I really struggled to eat well and eat little. I'm still struggling to get on the wagon so to speak. Not as much over but I've only exercised once this week.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    No! When it's hot and especially when it's humid my appetite is pretty much non existent.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make me want to eat but it sure makes me want to drink - margaritas especially. Oh, wait, that's all the time. Never mind.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    purelush wrote: »

Goodness no! The opposite! I hate feeling fat and full when it is hot so I eat light and less.

• Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    purelush wrote: »

Goodness no! The opposite! I hate feeling fat and full when it is hot so I eat light and less.

This. Also, I don't like drinking wine/beer when it's hot and I'm not sitting under AC...
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm opposite, too. The cold weather comes and I jump right into survival mode. Pack it on for insulation - lol
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Spent an hour or so yesterday pruning trees & then hauling the debris/branches out of the yard. Wanted a cold beer so much after going inside that it was almost physical pain! Winter is easier for me to control calories.