Options
    Thanks!!!
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    How about the "Dance moves" - how do you figure those out? LOL
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Darn it! I thought you were going to give pointers on how to figure out staying with the instructor. :laugh: I think Zumba looks like a ton of fun but the second that tempo gets going I'm screwed....my daughter said I looked like an injured baboon trying to flag down a plane. :noway:
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    Thank you so much - you are my new best friend :wink:
  • coolstacey6
    coolstacey6 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!!!! Thanks!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Darn it! I thought you were going to give pointers on how to figure out staying with the instructor. :laugh: I think Zumba looks like a ton of fun but the second that tempo gets going I'm screwed....my daughter said I looked like an injured baboon trying to flag down a plane. :noway:

lol, I was going to say the same thing! (with exception to the injured baboon part...) :D
  • mikesnwgirl
    mikesnwgirl Posts: 112
    Options

Don't worry I think we all looked like that when we first started. Remember Zumba is all about getting moving. Even if you aren't doing the moves right at first hang in there it gets better I promise!! I have been doing zumba for almost 2 months 3 days a week and I love it!! It doesn't even feel like working out it's just pure fun!!
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Why THANK YOU for talking me in to Zumba-ing this fine evening!
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    You all are welcome! And you know what? I look like an injured cow but I'm having a blast doing it! :blushing:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

My daughter does classes and I do the DVDs (it's easier when you know the instructor can't change up the routines :wink: ). We were talking about moves once and I did one and she just got this look on her face and said something like "well you're really moving, I'm sure that's a good workout". Talk about a backhanded compliment!! But in my defense the wrong music was on. When I'm in my workout room with no mirrors every move is perfect.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Go to zumbacalories.com and enter your info :wink:

This actually says slightly more than aerobics - high impact I usually log it as. But it's very close. I love, love, love me some Zumba!
  • pmorgan813
    Options

My daughter does classes and I do the DVDs (it's easier when you know the instructor can't change up the routines :wink: ). We were talking about moves once and I did one and she just got this look on her face and said something like "well you're really moving, I'm sure that's a good workout". Talk about a backhanded compliment!! But in my defense the wrong music was on. When I'm in my workout room with no mirrors every move is perfect.

I wasn't willing to go make a fool of myself in a class... I tried it on the WII and I thought I was doing ok until the kid walked in on me and made that comment. Haven't pulled it back out since...maybe this weekend I'll regain the courage :) I certainly did work up a sweat!
  • bcattoes
    Options

I wasn't willing to go make a fool of myself in a class... I tried it on the WII and I thought I was doing ok until the kid walked in on me and made that comment. Haven't pulled it back out since...maybe this weekend I'll regain the courage :) I certainly did work up a sweat!

Oh don't give up because of that! On the original set of DVDs they even talk about how everyone does it differently. "Put your own style on it. Everyone is different and that's the beauty of Zumba!". They don't talk through the workouts on the second set like they do on the first. Get that Wii back out and join the party. Lock your daughter out if you have to. :wink:
  • pmorgan813
    Options
    My daughter will be away at camp for a week so maybe the wii zumba can come back out then.
  • johnsonjk
    johnsonjk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When should you do Zumba? Because you like it. Because you have fun doing it. Don't worry if you look like an injured baboon. That is a stage that will pass. You don't walk like you did when you first starting walking. You will get better with practice. The best people to dance with are the people who are enjoying themselves not the ones who are the best. The ones who are enjoying themselves smile and are wanting you to join in the fun.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    When should you do Zumba? Because you like it. Because you have fun doing it. Don't worry if you look like an injured baboon. That is a stage that will pass. You don't walk like you did when you first starting walking. You will get better with practice. The best people to dance with are the people who are enjoying themselves not the ones who are the best. The ones who are enjoying themselves smile and are wanting you to join in the fun.

i agree i do better every week, and every week i look less and less like a dying water buffelo
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    OMG you people are making me nervous - I am finally going to try my first ever Zumba class on Wednesday and I am scared silly!
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    OMG you people are making me nervous - I am finally going to try my first ever Zumba class on Wednesday and I am scared silly!

Trust me, Em, if I can do Zumba...you can too :)

Have fun!