How do you reward yourself?

Options
I'm used to rewarding myself (for anything) by eating...which has to stop. So when you're proud of yourself and your accomplishments, what do you do for yourself? I'm looking for low $$ options here. That's the bad thing about food, it's always there and ready for the taking when you THINK you "deserve it".

Replies

• Nlongenecker
    Options
    I'm used to rewarding myself (for anything) by eating...which has to stop. So when you're proud of yourself and your accomplishments, what do you do for yourself? I'm looking for low $$ options here. That's the bad thing about food, it's always there and ready for the taking when you THINK you "deserve it".
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok I know this sounds nutz....because I too rewarded myself and my family with food.

I exercise! Seriously! I decided in the beginning I would NOT reward with anything that was food or money.

The only thing left was a walk around the block in my new slimmer body!!

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I will watch a good movie. Its relaxing and makes me feel like I am taking time for myself.:bigsmile:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Me time!!

I rarely get me time because of my job and family so it is especially precious to me.

If I am having a really good week, or lose more than I expect, I do whatever it is that I need to do for myself. It could be a bubble bath, a relaxing yoga video, or a really good book.
  • sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    ya i've been at this for 2 weeks now.......i am making a point of not rewarding myself with food. it stoped making sence this time around.....i lose 1-2 pounds so let go to mcdonlds? and what does that do?...adds those pounds back....:noway:

i will be use money as a reward but not for a while or since i don't have that much to lose...i won't be buying my rewards (a new swim suit for a start...) until i've accomplished my goal.....and cause i can't afford it right now i guess......

i reward myself in little ways....mainly bubble baths....and i am starting to find that if a craving hits and i decide to workout...then THAT is reward enough....i'm already closer to my goals! i'm finding sticking to it and feeling proud of myself and NOT giulty to be a GREAT reward!! go figure!:wink:

good luck!
  • COcowgrl
    Options
    For every ten pounds I take off I do something for myself. Either get my hair cut or whats funny is I will also go to the gym an extra time. Getting closer to getting my hair cut!!!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You are not alone...to be honest with you I still reward myself with food. Most people do, unfortunately. I hear some people say they get a new piece of clothing when they go down a dress size, or a manicure or pedicure, a massage. It doesnt have to cost much. Go to the Beauty Academies. I know one now in San Antonio that is charging $20 for an hour massage!!! I need to call them this week to make an appt!!! :flowerforyou:
  • faylou
    faylou Posts: 89
    Options
    I think to reward yourself with a pair of shoes! (buying clothes seems silly) as your body will be continually changing , payless shoes is great even a new bag.
    I do still sometimes treat myself to that chocolate bar i have been craving, but keep it in perspective but doing extra 20 minute workout while watching t.v.. seems silly but those cadbury cream eggs are back, its worth it to do a little extra.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I have rewarded myself a few times with different things
    Piercings
    Zumba membership :) which i love
    and of course clothes which I love doing ... nothing like shopping for a smaller size :heart:
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    I won't really reward myself at all. If I do, maybe I'll buy something I really want put off doing other chores for later.
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    When I get a size down my reward will be a pair of jeans - I'm obsessed with jeans!

At school we are doing a biggest loser contest and the winner will get around $300.

When I win, I'm going to reward myself with pole dancing classes. (There is a place around here that does it but right now I do not feel sexy but after winning a contest like that ... )

The small stuff I do for small accomplishments is I take pictures. I love pictures. Plus, I think it will be neat to document this journey.
  • wizabugga
    wizabugga Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time motivating myself to go to the gym so to reward myself I take a day off from the gym and just enjoy a nice leisurly walk or maybe just be lazy that day......but only one day!:flowerforyou:

123574.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I haven't started it yet, but the plan was for every pound I lose, I would drop .50cents in a jar. When I get to goal I can buy a new outfit or whatever I want, as long as it doesn't add more weight back on!!!

Memaw

I guess I better get started on those quarters!!!!
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I honestly reward myself with food but I have to realise that even rewarding myself with healthy food is still leading to bad habbits. Usually its just a sugar free pudding or a diet soda something that wouldn't be in my normal diet but still. I think for every 25lbs I lose I'm going to either get my hair or nails done. Also if I meet my weekly weight loss goal one day that week I'll get a movie that I want out of the redbox machine. Not something I usually do.