Favorite Running App

Options
There are about a million running tracking apps.
Which one would you recommend ??
I'm not sure where to start ?
I'm moving and will have the opportunity to run outside a lot more (getting off that treadmill!

Replies

• sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I like Strava and MapMyFitness. The former because it's good socially and to see your progress in hitting milestones - PBs etc, and the latter I used from before I joined Strava so continued to use. You can play music and it'll give you audio feedback on your distance and pace at the same time. Both you can auto-sync to mfp. I only sync MapMyFitness though and I manually correct the calorie burn in there by editing my activity to be in line with my HRM so that the correct calories are then added into my diary in MFP for me.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm a beginner runner. I like the Nike app or Fitbit all because it shows you a map of what you run. I like to look at the weird shapes of the path when I switch up my normal route :)
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    runkeeper is good and shows ur start and ending point on a map and mapmyfitness is also good. just remember to save your workout when ur done.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I use MapMyFitness
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Ismoothrun is great, you can customize intervals at varying pace times, add rest periods and track by pace or distance with audio cues. It has an auto pause feature as well.
  • argonzalez4
    argonzalez4 Posts: 55 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Nike Running hands down !! I like it better than any other running apps which I've used in the past like Edomondo, RunKeeper, MapMyRun, Runtastic, Zombies Run.. And plus I use my Fitbit Blaze which I barely bought and its amazing!!

I've realized that I've becomed addicted to Nine Running and Fitbit .. I always see myself looking at the app 24/7 lol
  • vegirunner
    vegirunner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love strava cause lots of my friends are on it :)
  • greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Another vote Strava!!!
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm a baby runner, but I really like Strava (I'm obsessed with numbers) and ZombiesRun. The Zombies5K training app is what helped me get to running 5K.
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I love mapmyrun and zombies run :)

I can never get strava to work, it never records my runs which is super annoying!
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    C2k5 helps get into distance. But I also use map my run to get more details for calories burned and distance. I love that when I am finished I see how fast each mile is, as well as the calorie burn.
  • tiffanyfoundit
    tiffanyfoundit Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm going to download a few and try and em out. Maybe run them simultaneously to see what they say
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I like Runkeeper for setting intervals, it's quite easy to make custom workouts.
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i like rundouble
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Strava for me. I like the segments
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I love mapmyrun and zombies run :)

I can never get strava to work, it never records my runs which is super annoying!

I prefer Strava, but I also can't get it to record. So I just use a watch. I've had somekind of Garmin Forerunner longer than I've had a smartphone.

I've only tried to record via the app recently Nordic skiing over the winter. Nothing. (LG G4)
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin watch - what I do is upload my runs to Garmin Connect, then I have Strava connected to my Garmin account so the runs then appear there automatically. There is also a site (Tapiriik) that you can use to sync runs across a range of apps.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I used to used to use Runkeeper, but now that I have a Garmin watch, I use Garmin Connect.
  • BanksySJ11
    BanksySJ11 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Strava here too
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I've used a few, but Runkeeper is my favorite. It seems the most accurate (I've never used Strava, though, so I can't speak to that one).