Help with my heart rate monitor.

Options
I have a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor with the chest strap. I used to use it all the time before I got my Fitbit Charge HR and it worked when I put it away. Now I have given up on my Fitbit and tried out my HR monitor and I can't get the monitor to sync on the watch. I have replaced the batteries in both the watch and the monitor. It just says my heart rate is 0. Any suggestions?

Replies

• happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    No one has any advice???
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that few people here use ANT+ monitors. More popular ones are bluetooth based.
    I myself have a old chest strap one, but not the watch. Been debating about getting one for weight training.
    In short; sorry. :(
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    hmvanwink wrote: »
    I have a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor with the chest strap. I used to use it all the time before I got my Fitbit Charge HR and it worked when I put it away. Now I have given up on my Fitbit and tried out my HR monitor and I can't get the monitor to sync on the watch. I have replaced the batteries in both the watch and the monitor. It just says my heart rate is 0. Any suggestions?

Seems like more than a few people have this problem on amazon reviews. It comes with a 2 year warranty, you should contact Polar support:
    http://support.polar.com/uk-en/support#contact
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Have you considered that maybe you are a vampire as an explanation for the 0 heart rate?

But srsly, I have an FT60 and mine at one point stopped syncing so I got a new strap, which fixed it. But if yours is new I'd get it exchanged if you are in the position to do so. If not, contact their support to see if they can help.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I find it funny that it worked fine until I started using my Charge HR. I will contact support and see what they say.

Thanks again.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    hmvanwink wrote: »

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have a Charge HR as well and it's terrible. The average HR is bogus if you're doing any other cardio workout besides walking/elliptical/running. If I do stairmaster or stationary bike, it's bogus. So, I have gone back to my old Timex chest strap HRM. But, it's like 4 years old. It still works though so at least it's a reliable product.