Any chronic Lyme Disease sufferers?

Options
Looking for friends who are "Lyme Literate".

I would love to know more about your experiences and treatments!

Replies

• hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • xbeth77x
    xbeth77x Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't have it, but both my brother and sister-in-law have chronic Lyme. My brother has had it since he was a kid, and recently he went to a treatment center where I believe he was receiving vitamins through an iv (atleast I'm pretty sure that's what it was). It didn't help him at all though. My sister-in-law is currently taking iron supplements for anemia, and that apparently has been helping her tremendously with all her symptoms!

Feel free to add me :) Even though I'm probably not what you were looking for haha.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    It's okay! I totally appreciate your insight!!
  • federalista
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Lyme around 6 months ago and have been undergoing treatment with an integrative medicine physician. My symptoms can be traced back 17 years, and that is when the doctors believe I contracted Lyme. Apparently due to the havoc that the Lyme disease reeked on my body, my personal battle has included an inability to lose weight, no matter how much I exercise or how well I eat. I am in great shape, ride my bicycle 12-15 miles a day, run on the elliptical at least 4 times a week for 45 minutes, and also include weight training 5 days a week. Until very recently, I was never able to build strength or stamina. I eat an extremely healthy diet including lots of great green veggies and lean proteins. I have to eat extra to get to my calorie intake goal. I am 5'2" and weigh 173 lbs.

I am wondering how easy it is for average people to build strength and stamina, and what I should look towards as a goal? My doctor often asks me how I am feeling, but seeing as I have had Lyme disease signs and symptoms since I was 17 years old, I really don't know what to compare anything to.

Also wondering if anyone else has had any similar experience?
  • llw1013
    llw1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me.
    I tested positive 2008, but was diagnosed with another condition, which I've since been told was a misdiagnosis. Since then, I seem to have been playing whack-a-mole with annoying and scary health-related things. Tested positive again in January, and learned in March that I also have 2 co- infections, Anaplasmosis and Q Fever, along with some underlying viruses...walking pneumonia and Epstein-Barr to name 2 of them. I've started seeing an integrative Medicine, Lyme literate MD and have been on antibiotics for just 6 weeks.

2010-2012 were fairly good years, health-wise. I think I did ok because I was able to plan healthy meals and was able to keep up a regular exercise schedule, even if I didn't make huge progress on losing weight. I would go to see different doctors and my various problems would be 'fixed' for a while and I moved on. 2013, however, just plain sucks. Gained 25 pounds, cravings out of control and hungry all the time. Muscles and joints feel so sore all the time; any kind of exercise leaves me out of commission for 2-3 days afterwards. Really hoping that a few more weeks of anibiotics will help me feel well enough to move around more and give me the energy to plan meals and make better choices.

I wish I could offer insight. So many people have different reactions, treatments, etc. For me, I have permanent partial vision loss in both eyes. I get 'hot spots' on different area of my body, and of course what I mentioned above, the muscle pain that keeps me in a constant state of inactivity. It's damn depressing, actually. I came across a forum on healingwell.com with a TON of people's experiences with Lyme which you might want to check out.
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have chronic Lyme Disease. I was diagnosed 11 years ago. Feel free to add me if you need the support.
  • melrn
    melrn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have chronic Lyme and am having a very difficult time losing weight. I would love to find MFP friends also dealing with chronic Lyme
  • RalphiWalters
    RalphiWalters Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi melrn! I've had Lyme for 5 years and am currently treating. Do you sometimes feel like getting fit is like trying to walk up the down escalator? One setback and you're back where you started! However, my Lyme is much better than it was and I'm able to walk 2 miles and do physical therapy/weights and yoga. Do what you can today, is my motto :smile: PM or Friend me or whatever folks do on here (I'm new)
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    My DD had lyme and I have a number of friends that have chronic lyme. Thus far, we've all had good success with using lyme stop treatment from www.lymestop.com. This guy is amazing and is booked 6 months out because he treats so many people with lyme. My DD responded fairly quickly and my friends that have chronic lyme all started responding within days. Not sure how it relates to weight b/c we've not had to deal with that, but I can appreciate how insidious lyme is after watching my DD and 4 friends struggle for years before we/they figured it out.
  • nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a fellow Lymie as well. Dx in Nov 2015 (and recently Epstein Barr) after many, many years of health sliding down hill. Since exercise is non existant for me now, I try to maintain with diet until things get better.