fitness blender - 4 week meal plan?

Options
Hello, I have been using the fitness blender videos online (for free) for a few weeks and I think they are great! I am considering their 4 or 8 week low impact fat loss programme.....Along side this they do a 4 week meal plan and guide. I am curious if any one has followed the meal plan before? If so how easy was it to follow?

I already cook all meals from scratch on an evening and do make homemade soups for lunch (chocolate sometimes finds it's way in and red win on an evening but not too often!) I love cooking and try and have small meals little and often, I really want to know if it is worth me buying it £8.87 or if I should just keep on with my own meal plan etc!

Thanks

Jodie x

Replies

• psharma06
    psharma06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I got their Vegetarain Plan but haven't started it yet. The plan does look really easy to follow.
    Are you following Their Fitness Program? I just got Round 5 and will start soon
  • jodiecooks281
    jodiecooks281 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi sorry for the late reply !!
    I haven't done their full fitness plan yet, but I have been picking my fav videos off their website like the kettlebells and doing them myself!!
    I think I might give the full plan a go next month when I have more money! xx
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Think of it as buying a cook book, not a fat loss plan. Fat loss is created by a calorie deficit, and you can eat whatever you like while eating at a calorie deficit. If what you're eating now works well for you, there's no reason to change that, but you can always try new things, won't hurt as long as the plan is sensible.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Dont spend any money on this rubbish. Eat what you want, but stick to a calorie target. I wouldnt give these conartist dieting companies your money. You are probably doing ok by the sounds of things.
  • jodiecooks281
    Options
    Personally I'm not sure I agree with you "Eat what you want, but stick to a calorie target."

Say for example if I eat a kitkat which only has 99kcal it is also full of sugar and isn't a slow realise energy for the body through out the day so you get dips and spikes in your gulcose levels which make you feel hungry so you snack!

If however I eat something called a nkd bar which is 145kcal per bar but doesn't contain any sugar and is packed full of nuts and fruit- this keeps my gulcose level the same with not spikes or dips and realises my energy slowly over a longer period of time so you aren't craving sugar and snacking to much..................

It is OK sticking to your kcal goal everyday (I do this as much as i can) but it pointless if your just going to fill your body sugary snacks, takeaways and food that doesn't sustain the body and lack very little energy throughout the day and rot your teeth!

Obviously I am not a dietitian but I have people in my family who suffer form type 2 diabetes and this is the exact reason they have diabetes because they have eaten bad for many years and have done very little exercise.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm not sure I agree with you "Eat what you want, but stick to a calorie target."

Say for example if I eat a kitkat which only has 99kcal it is also full of sugar and isn't a slow realise energy for the body through out the day so you get dips and spikes in your gulcose levels which make you feel hungry so you snack!

If however I eat something called a nkd bar which is 145kcal per bar but doesn't contain any sugar and is packed full of nuts and fruit- this keeps my gulcose level the same with not spikes or dips and realises my energy slowly over a longer period of time so you aren't craving sugar and snacking to much..................

It is OK sticking to your kcal goal everyday (I do this as much as i can) but it pointless if your just going to fill your body sugary snacks, takeaways and food that doesn't sustain the body and lack very little energy throughout the day and rot your teeth!

Obviously I am not a dietitian but I have people in my family who suffer form type 2 diabetes and this is the exact reason they have diabetes because they have eaten bad for many years and have done very little exercise.

unless you have a medical condition that makes you sensitive to sugar then this does not matter.

I eat whatever I want and just make sure that I hit my calorie and macro targets for the day, and I have not had issues losing, maintaining, gaining…

sugar is not the devil…

In you above example, if you eat the kitkat and stay in a deficit you will lose, if you eat the nod bar and overeat for the day, then you will gain ..the sugar content will not matter, unless of course you have a medical condition...
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

But diabetes is related to obesity, not 'bad' foods. Any food is ok in reasonable portions. If I ate 20 bananas a day, then that would be bad for me, but it isnt going to give me diabetes is it?

Once you get into a routine then you would have no problem. People eat when they dont need to because they are just thinking of food. Brain triggers hunger. However, if you think that your diet isnt balanced enough, then without trying to sound patronising, use common sense. No secret that fruit and veg are good for you - so maybe eat some fruit during the day. You dont need a fitness programme to tell you that.

Regardless, I think diets are a con. There is a reason why the industry is worth billions - they are expensive and dont really work, so people then go and try something else.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

You know so much about nutrition and how it affects your body already, how can a diet plan help you further? I just think you are curious, but there's nothing wrong with that, you also sound sensible and analytic. Maybe the curiosity is part of that. :p

• jodiecooks281
    Options
    It's great to read everyone's views on weight loss! personally I think I will stick to eating as carefully and healthy as I can manage and try to maintain my calorie goal as much as I can and do a bit more snooping into the fitness blender carnivore food plan! thanks xx
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I love Fitness Blender and have been using their workouts consistently since January. Like you, I pick and choose the workouts I like, rotating through my favorites and adding new ones to my bookmarks as they come out. I have done one of their free 5 day challenges, but I haven't purchased any of the longer plans or tried their meal plans, mostly because money is tight and I am doing well on my own with just the vids.

That being said, and while I am cautious and skeptical of most eating plans and the like, especially when they cost money, I wouldn't be quick to call anything that Daniel and Kelli do "rubbish". They are not big stars or Biggest Loser type trainers - they are just a couple in the northwest providing awesome videos and what appears to be solid advice on fitness and healthy living and eating, and most of what they provide is free, with an option to donate, or to buy a longer 8 week workout plan.

If you are doing well with the free workouts and your own cooking & logging cals, stick with it! I love Fitness Blender - just finished an awesome upper body workout this morning - always awesome!
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing about Fitness Blender - I need to check them out!
  • jodiecooks281
    Options
    oooh do they are great over 400 free videos and counting! their are others like bodyrock and melissa bender but i find fitness blender the best to follow! x
  • csbickish
    csbickish Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This post is over one year old, but I must comment for those who may still be contemplating Fitness Blender's plan. My husband and I started the 4 week carnivore plan in May. This plan has transformed our life. The plan has balanced our diet - we are sure that we are getting the nutrients that we need. We followed the plan to a T for the first 4 weeks. The plan is basic and we definitely had to learn to "tweak" some meals to meet our tastes and likes. It takes a lot of prep - but the preservative free, low sugar plan has fixed so many health concerns and made us more aware of good health. The plan is very balanced - there really are no condemned items (but there are limits on potatoes, meat, and definitely preservatives). This plan may not work for everyone, but we love that we don't have to count calories (it is done for you - 1400 for me, 3200 for my hubby), we are reminded to eat nutrient dense foods (spinach, broc., beans). This plan is for type A - rule followers - those who need structure to help them.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    I love Fitness Blender and have been using their workouts consistently since January. Like you, I pick and choose the workouts I like, rotating through my favorites and adding new ones to my bookmarks as they come out. I have done one of their free 5 day challenges, but I haven't purchased any of the longer plans or tried their meal plans, mostly because money is tight and I am doing well on my own with just the vids.

That being said, and while I am cautious and skeptical of most eating plans and the like, especially when they cost money, I wouldn't be quick to call anything that Daniel and Kelli do "rubbish". They are not big stars or Biggest Loser type trainers - they are just a couple in the northwest providing awesome videos and what appears to be solid advice on fitness and healthy living and eating, and most of what they provide is free, with an option to donate, or to buy a longer 8 week workout plan.

If you are doing well with the free workouts and your own cooking & logging cals, stick with it! I love Fitness Blender - just finished an awesome upper body workout this morning - always awesome!

This spot on.

I'm also a fitness blender fan and I have purchased some of the their workout schedules. I think for the price, the schedules are a fantastic value ($6 or $10 bucks for a 4 week or 8 week plan) But it's not necessary to buy an eating guide unless you're really unsure of what you're doing and/or what you're doing isn't working.
  • JessicaDigby
    JessicaDigby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is a super old thread but I came across it doing some googling on Fitness Blender which I've been using for workout videos and love.

Whoever is saying don't follow these con artist diet plans, they clearly don't know what they are talking about.

The meal plan offered by Fitness Blender is a guideline for healthy grocery shopping and healthy recipes. They are not asking you to buy their Jenny Craig packaged food etc. or asking you to eat less than 1200 calories a day.

It's actually just HOW people should eat, nothing to do with fads or anything crazy and restrictive. So, perhaps if you are commenting on a diet plan for people trying to understand it, leave the answering for the people who are actually familiar with the plan.
  • crawfishgirl333
    crawfishgirl333 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wondering what fitness blender is???
  • emmy9434
    emmy9434 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering if I should get it too. Rlly want to. The plan is all laid out for you and the foods aren't too difficult to make, or get a hold of. :)

And contrary to what these people are saying, being healthy isn't all about hitting a "calorie target" it includes eating the most nutrition dense foods possible & filling calories, not filling ur body with nutrition lacking food because it's "low calorie". It's better to eat 1000 calories of nutrition dense food than 1000 calories of McDonalds. Your body breaks down healthy foods better, and there's a certain amount of proteins, fats, and carbs that it requires.

With fitness blenders plan, they take all of these things into consideration and in doing so, make it that the people following it are rarely hungry, eating regularly, and losing weight in the process (or gaining, if that's your goal). Old thread I know, just thought I should say this.
  • jnburtman
    jnburtman Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    They just put up a downloadable PDF it seems but it's $25. I'd like to look at this before I buy it, hmm. Anyone in a sharing mood?
  • jnburtman
    jnburtman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I uasually just eat sensibly and work out, but this has me curious.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Wondering what fitness blender is???

fitness blender is a husband and wife team who have free workout videos available on youtube - you can pick and choose what you want to do, but you can also buy a workout plan from them which has these workouts in a sequential order

i've not tried any of the food plans