Double chin

Options
Seriously. I understand as you lose weight, most people's faces thin out as well. And maybe I'm being too hard or expecting too much.

So far I've lost almost 40 pounds (80 to go) and I see no difference in my face, especially this blasted double chin.

Is there ANYTHING I can do besides wait it out? It's honestly the one thing I'm most self conscious about. Help!

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Besides contouring with makeup, there is not much you can do. You can't spot reduce. It will leave in time.
    Sorry!
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    If you want to you can blame mom and dad for your genetics. Your genetics will decide where and how fast you lose your weight. Give it time it'll work itself out. You do have a pretty smile and very happy eyes. Good luck in your journey
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    If you want to you can blame mom and dad for your genetics. Your genetics will decide where and how fast you lose your weight. Give it time it'll work itself out. You do have a pretty smile and very happy eyes. Good luck in your journey

Thank you!

It's just one of those little things that bug me. I figured I'd have to wait it out.
  • TswvNplooj
    TswvNplooj Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I know some people who are 10 pounds away from goal and still has a double chin. It's hard to lose. Good luck.
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!! I wanted my double chin gone so badly. Two thoughts. You have about twice as much weight to lose as me and I am just starting to see a thinner face (43 of 55 pounds gone). So give it another 20-30 pounds and see how you feel. Also, are you drinking alot of water? That helped me tremendously. Hope it helps!
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't see a double chin. You have full cheeks, but no double chin. Your face will thin out. If you're anything like me, other people will see it before you do. I had to look at old pictures and say, "Oh, wow: Yes, I guess my face is thinner."

Give it time and you'll be gorgeous as you wanna be. :)
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You should also remember that what you see in the mirror doesn't always reflect reality.
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 pounds and I didn't see my double chin significantly disappear until a couple pounds ago! Just be patient it'll come :)
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have a weak jaw, so I have to be at normal BMI before I have a hope in hell of not having a double chin, and it's only at 130 or under that I pretty much never have one in pictures. So your bone structure has something to do with it too!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I lost mine but I have loose skin there now. It sucks!