How much damage?

Options
When you're on a really good food and exercise streak and your boyfriend comes home with your weakness... Sour cream and onion chips! Too late to ask this question now, but how much damage can that really do in the grand scheme of things?? It was just a normal size bag, 50g, 260 calories. I barely ever have treats like that. Maybe once a month. Probably less. I rely on dark chocolate to keep cravings at bay!

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    If that all you ate then it's not enough to worry about. Just dial it back in and keep on going
  • TravisDarling
    TravisDarling Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No damage at all, it's only going to cause a ripple effect if it's something regular. As long as your eating healthy and in the gym regularly a cheat meal or snack won't affect you. :)
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I would buy the salt and vinegar pop chips!! Delicious dipped into Greek yogurt too and very macro friendly!
  • Jayar01
    Jayar01 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Mmm sour cream and onion chips....
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Minimal if any impact. Life is always going to throw different foods and opportunities in your way.
    Just make the best choices you can each day, and don't lose sleep over a few extra calories on a single day.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    When you're on a really good food and exercise streak and your boyfriend comes home with your weakness... Sour cream and onion chips! Too late to ask this question now, but how much damage can that really do in the grand scheme of things?? It was just a normal size bag, 50g, 260 calories. I barely ever have treats like that. Maybe once a month. Probably less. I rely on dark chocolate to keep cravings at bay!

You might notice a small bump on the scale if the sodium was way more that you usually eat, but 260 calories of chips doesn't sound like an issue to me at all, personally.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    today i ate chips, cookies, and some beer. if anything like stated above maybe a bump due to sodium. nothing wrong with eating that stuff in moderation.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    None.
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    Do you think eating one salad will make you slim? No? Same concept in reverse...

That puts things in perspective!

• prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have a small bag of chips everyday. i just make sure they fit into my calorie intake!! I agree with the Pop chips they do have sour cream and onion and they are the bomb. you will be fine!!!