tannic2k7
tannic2k7 Posts: 41 Member
edited June 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
What is the best protein shake to use?

Replies

• ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Lots of solid choices out there. Pure protein and Muscle Milk are my favourites; great taste and low in sugar.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I only use Orgain plant-based protein shakes. Created by a Doctor Who had cancer that became so fed up with protein shakes that contain artificial colors and additives that he created his own. 24 g of protein unbelievable taste I love the vanilla bean also the chocolate fudge. They also have Orgain shakes for children. organic and healthy, not harmful to the body and delicious!!!
  • Jacqadactle
    Jacqadactle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Whole foods chocolate whey protein = surprisingly good!
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Isopure Zero Carb Creamy Vanilla. I add one tablespoon unsweetened cocoa and/or powdered peanut butter.
  • ccheiden
    ccheiden Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm about to try a clean whey called Naked Whey with no additives, I'm trying to eliminate all sugar/sweeteners/processed foods and this seemed like a good fit. I'm sure the taste is bleh, we'll see.

http://nkdnutrition.com/products/grass-fed-whey-protein-powder
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Six Star with BCAAs
  • tannic2k7
    Options
    Do y'all use them to replace a meal?
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    There's one that GNC sells called Total Lean that I like. I find that some shakes has a gritty taste and this one is smooth. Sometimes I'll use that as a meal replacement. 170 calories, 24g protein and 2g sugar.
  • crawfishgirl333
    crawfishgirl333 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    tannic2k7 wrote: »
    Do y'all use them to replace a meal?
    I do for lunch , I use slim fast high protein. Seems like I should be swallowing a burger or something but I'm getting used to it. And I'm not really hungry after
  • tannic2k7
    Options
    See I'm having issues with products especially since I've looked online and ruled out a few products like advocates spark which I'm hearing uses splendid.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I only use Orgain plant-based protein shakes. Created by a Doctor Who had cancer that became so fed up with protein shakes that contain artificial colors and additives that he created his own. 24 g of protein unbelievable taste I love the vanilla bean also the chocolate fudge. They also have Orgain shakes for children. organic and healthy, not harmful to the body and delicious!!!

And no doubt expensive. There is absolutely no need to be organic or exclude additives. Plus a singular product cannot determine health!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options

Doctor Who.

Lol.
  • wolfgirl78
    wolfgirl78 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like premier protein shakes