Hey I'm excited yet scared.

Options
I hope to stick to it this time. I'm 33 years old monther of 4 kids. Current weight 207. Goal weight is 150. I'm giving myself a year. I'm tired of being over weight and uncomfortable in my own body. I feel unattractive. I'm divorced and I'm looking to find love again. I want stop eating garbage and finally take care of myself. I want to teach my children to eat healthy and exercise. I want to be a good example for them.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Ditch the target date. Read the stickies. This is a life changing experience for the better and you and I both need to get it into our heads that it ends when we die. Mine's probably sooner than yours because I'm older by a big chunk. I have a sister named Janell.
  • Journey2Lose75lbs
    Journey2Lose75lbs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely get rid of the target date - make this weight loss journey a stress free one! Surprisingly, I have been logging my meals on this app for 73 days and I have loss about 32lbs -- so, the app works, because it helps you learn what's good and what's not so good... Based on its nutritional value! Just changing the way you eat will increase your energy... Eliminate the sugar, pastas, breads... And you'll feel the difference! You'll feel less sluggish and more awake to get in the exercise! And get your rest... 7-9hrs a day... While you're sleeping, your body is working... I use to get about 4-5hrs a sleep and I gradually started to pack on the pounds! And drink a lot of water... A lot of times we mistake dehydration for hunger, so drink a glass of water before you eat to see if that changes the way you feel... And don't be scared... You'll find a lot of support here on the app -- and if you don't have one already... Get a fitness tracker -- I have the Fitbit Charge HR and it's the best when it comes to motivating me to get up and MOVE!