Why am i not losing weight?!

Options
Hey all!
So for the past month I've been exercising at least 5 days a week (cardio, running/walking for up to an hour generally burning 250-300 cals) and eating something like the following every day.

Egg x2
Wholegrain wrap
Zucchini x half
tomato x half
avocado x half
mushrooms x 2

almond milk x 1 cup
banana
sustagen x30g
tbsp honey

wholegrain bread
avocado x half

2 cups mixed veggies
sanitarium veggie burger

= 1480 calories

I've noticed some days I've gone below 1200 calories though, could this be putting my body into starvation mode?
I'm female, 19 years old, 5'5 and 137lbs. I should be losing at least a pound a week but I've taken pictures to reference and look the exact same!
Thanks in advance

Replies

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    No. Starvation mode as you are applying it does not exist. Try to be exact as possible with your logging. Weigh everything e.g you have halves and cups listed. They are not sufficient. Half an avocado can be anything from 30g to 60g and thats a massive difference in calories. same thing with a banana. You need to peel it and weigh it.
  • tripple7
    tripple7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You'd be surprised how much calories some healthy foods have e.g half an avocado can have as much as 250calories and a large banana as much as 150calories. Maybe you're underestimating your calorie intake. I recommend you weigh everything rather than measuring. Also 30mins of walking loses you about 100 to 120calories.

Try jump roping as you can lose twice as much calories in 30mins than you would jogging or walking, therefore you save time and lose more calories. If you have a high ceiling you can even do it indoors or your back garden
  • Bghere1
    Bghere1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    is that calorie burn correct? seems light for an hour of running
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your intake? I see grams listed for one item. If you aren't weighing all of your food, you're likely eating more than you think. In addition, you're already at a healthy weight, so your loss is going to be slower. I wouldn't aim for more than half a pound a week.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    With a total normal BMI you won't be losing so much in one week.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm an inch shorter than you but about the same weight. It seems like I have the same activity level as well. No way I'm losing a pound per week on 1450. In fact, no way I'm losing .5 lbs consistently either. Weight loss isn't always linear, especially when you're relatively lean and in a healthy weight range. Be patient, use a food scale if you want to be a bit more accurate. The avocado is quite calorie dense. Assess again in 2-3 weeks.
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Great article with lots of references: http://www.completehumanperformance.com/slow-fat-loss/