Painful knee

Options
I've had trouble with my knee for a couple of years on and off. When walking anything over half a mile I get a nagging pain which eases when I stop walking. Now that I've gone from walking around to 2k steps a day a couple of months ago to averaging around 12k daily steps, it's really starting to become a nuisance. I'm seeing my doctor about it but I wondered if anyone has had similar a experience. I don't want to be reliant on painkillers and am hoping that as the weight comes off, the pain will ease.

Replies

• takesonetoknowone
    takesonetoknowone Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sorry for double post.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Google IT band syndrome or and/or runners knee.
  • hrosssm
    hrosssm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If runners knee, strengthening the quads and hamstrings will help resolve the issue. Been there! Squats, wall sits, and leg lifts...do them religiously
  • leonc12
    leonc12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Really sad to know about your knee pain. I have knee pain and started getting chiropractic care from one of popular and reputed chiropractors Mississauga. The therapy is helping me out in great way and can clearly see results now.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My knee pain was itb and glute related, i got a foam roller and foam rolled my way to a painless existence. Join me!
  • lienapp
    lienapp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I visited a physiotherapist and he also told me it was probably itb and glute related, gave me real painful massage that helped. Later I got a foam roller too. I also drink glucosamine, you might wanna start supplementing that. Good luck
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    <arnie>get to da doctor</arnie>