Spiralizer Tips

Options
I just bought a spiralizer and have no idea what to make with it. Any suggestions?

I would like to try zucchini noodles but I'm not sure what to put on them. And do you eat them raw or cooked? Any recipe ideas or tips would be helpful!

Replies

• dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Raw or cooked quickly in a pan / microwave. I like mine with regular bolgenese tomato sauce with beef + turkey. Check out www.inspiralized.com....ideas for days!
  • wtliftchick
    wtliftchick Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    dcshima wrote: »
    Raw or cooked quickly in a pan / microwave. I like mine with regular bolgenese tomato sauce with beef + turkey. Check out www.inspiralized.com....ideas for days!
    Thank you!

Any issues with excess water? Do I need to let the noodles drain or press them in paper towels before cooking?

• jmaidan
    jmaidan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great with salt and pepper or a light drizzle of sesame oil. Butternut squash also works great but a bit of a pain to prep.
  • melloneill16
    melloneill16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just lightly saute them in coconut oil, add fresh ingredients like Basil, fresh tomatoes, a little Parmesan Cheese. Or you could do that same recipe, not heated but may want to use olive oil instead.
    I have also done, precooked chicken or turkey, sauteed onions and garlic and spinach. The key is you have to find the sweet point between raw and over cooked, because it happens very quickly. I don't think I cook mine any longer than a couple of minutes.
  • TheBlizz35
    TheBlizz35 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love my zucchini noodles raw. They have a mild taste and great texture like spaghetti. I use regular tomato sauce (heated or not) over them and maybe a tablespoon of shredded Parmesan on top. Such an easy meal. Yum.
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I saute them in EVOO and a little salt since I find they get a little sweet while cooking. To deal with the excess water, I set them on a paper towel to cool after they're cooked, then wrap a couple of paper towels around it and squeeze out the moisture. It also helps get rid of a little of the EVOO if you're looking to lower the fat.

I love it with homemade red sauce and turkey meatballs. There is also a "skinny zoodle shrimp scampi" recipe that goes oh so perfect with zucchini!
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    We spiralize sweet potatoes and make home-made curly fries...toss the curly fries in some oil with salt and pepper and (I like to add dried rosemary and crushed red pepper....yum!) and bake them at 400-425 for about 20 minutes.
  • wtliftchick
    wtliftchick Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That website is great!

It's in the mid 90s in my city this weekend. I'm thinking a spiralized salad might be pretty awesome!