Is 7:20pm too early to go to bed?

Options
I am already 720 calories over for today and just want to continue to eat and eat.... I think I need to go to bed is the only thing I can think of doing to stop eating. Self control is HARD

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I went to bed early when I quit smoking, so why not :)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Nope....whatever works!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm in bed by 7 every night. I either read or watch tv in my bedroom.
  • wolfgirl78
    wolfgirl78 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I go to bed at 8 every night for the same reason. It's working great for me!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Slippery slope. Being up at 5am and ending up hungry at 6am makes the next day really hard for me. I do much better if I sleep until 7.30am (which hasn't happened lately thanks to my cat and some guests. Sigh)... then I can eat a later breakfast and the day goes smoothly.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Slippery slope. Being up at 5am and ending up hungry at 6am makes the next day really hard for me. I do much better if I sleep until 7.30am (which hasn't happened lately thanks to my cat and some guests. Sigh)... then I can eat a later breakfast and the day goes smoothly.

Am i misreading your post?? OP was asking what time to go to bed, not get up.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would not be able to go to sleep at 7:20 PM unless I was actually tired. I'm not usually sleepy that early.
    Drink some water, chew some gum, get busy with something.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I think she means if the OP was to go to bed so early she'd end up waking up earlier, be hungry earlier, etc.

OP, I think you should be fine to go to bed early one night- in fact, if you're like most people, your body could use a few extra hours of sleep and you won't wake up crazy early. If you're truly not tired, don't force it- try a walk, maybe paint your nails or have a cup of hot tea.

Good luck
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I would not be able to go to sleep at 7:20 PM unless I was actually tired. I'm not usually sleepy that early.

I'm usually fast asleep by 8:15, I wake up at around 5am though. And I Don't even have to get up for work, so annoying!

I think she means if the OP was to go to bed so early she'd end up waking up earlier, be hungry earlier, etc.

OP, I think you should be fine to go to bed early one night- in fact, if you're like most people, your body could use a few extra hours of sleep and you won't wake up crazy early. If you're truly not tired, don't force it- try a walk, maybe paint your nails or have a cup of hot tea.

Good luck

Oh ok, thanks.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

I'm usually fast asleep by 8:15, I wake up at around 5am though. And I Don't even have to get up for work, so annoying!

My mom was always awake at 5 AM too. I would call her up for a chat at 6 AM sometimes because I knew she was up.
    I'm more of a nightowl type.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Can I come with you, my baby is refusing to let me sleep...
  • tripple7
    tripple7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    mis1022 wrote: »
    I am already 720 calories over for today and just want to continue to eat and eat.... I think I need to go to bed is the only thing I can think of doing to stop eating. Self control is HARD

Try buying flavoured sugar free chewing gum like "extra bubblegum or strawberry". When you get urges to eat just chew on one or two. I use it as a tactic when I have already eaten all my calories for the day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Am i misreading your post?? OP was asking what time to go to bed, not get up.

Yeah, well, maybe OP is someone who can sleep 10 hours at night, I must be really exhausted to be able to pull it off, personally, lol.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    If going to bed at 730 because you're tired fine. If to avoid eating, work on that issue
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I am in bed by 7:30 or 8, but I get up very early and go to the gym before work. I work long hours and have a 45 minute commute one way. Plus I am old, and DH works 2pm to 10pm, so no one to answer to except our 2 dogs and they go to bed too.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    mis1022 wrote: »
    Thanks for the encouragement. I ran downstairs to do laundry then decided to run up and down 2 more times. I feel better and the urges have gone for now.

Good for you! I was going to suggest getting some exercise in.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Can I come with you, my baby is refusing to let me sleep...

Ditto.
    I would love to go to bed that early. Unfortunately I have a nocturnal baby plus my other kids are out of school so don't go to bed until 10.30pm. I probably get about 5 hours a night.Thank God for coffee....
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

Not too early in my book. lol. Sometimes I'll sit here in the evening watching "Jeopardy" which comes on at 7:30 here, and I'll say to my dh "so, is it too early to go to bed yet?" lol He'll always say "wait till after Final Jeopardy". haha I often go into bed very early but usually read or play an iPad game for awhile. If I actually go to sleep too early then I'm awake even earlier than usual.

The other thing that helps me when I have the munchies in the evening (even though I'm not the least bit hungry) is to brush my teeth. I know I could just go brush them again if I did have something to eat, but for some reason I just won't bother to get something.

The other strategy is to drink water, but I hate to do that too late in the evening because then I have to get up in the middle of the night. :expressionless: