Garcinia Cambogia?

Options
I know that the large majority of weight loss pills are BS, but I've read a lot of good things about garcinia cambogia that seem credible. I've read that when taken while maintaining a healthy diet and exercising, it can help you lose a little extra weight and suppress appetite. Has anyone had any experience with it?

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it did exactly nothing for me.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Nope. It's BS as well.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Unfortunately, it's the same as every other weight loss pill. Snake oil.

The only way weight loss happens if you give your body less calories than it needs to maintain its current weight (eat less calories than your body burns, or eat less than TDEE).
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    also BS - don"t waste your money on magic pills. They don't work.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    If ANY of those things actually worked, do you think there would still be fat folks? No, everyone would be fit and in shape.

Flim flam is what it is.
  • Mystical64
    Mystical64 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    There is no magic pill! Only hard work and dedication! :wink:
  • justincooper405
    justincooper405 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've tried every supplement available (not proud of it) not one had any noticeable results. I didn't start seeing any progress with my goals until I decided to take it seriously. My best results came from MFP, just learning portion control and how to hit proper nutrition and macros.
  • Caroline393
    Caroline393 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    All right, that's what I figured! Thanks for the responses, I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing haha
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    A scientific look at Garcinia Cambogia: https://examine.com/supplements/garcinia-cambogia/
    ...Some isolated studies do note weight loss, but it appears to be quite variable and unreliable. Many studies also do report subjective appetite decrease, but tend to record dropout rates (how often people leave the study due to being unable to maintain the diet protocol) rather than food intake; even then the benefits are still unreliable and sometimes not present...

In other words:

xlei2vjvzibr.gif
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've found that actually seems to make a difference is CLA. It seems like it's helping me drop fat %, but I'll be honest, I'm doing a ton of cardio each week and eating high protein so it might also be snake oil. I got a good deal on a large pack of it, so I will take it until its gone, but by that time I'll probably be at 10% which is my goal. I won't be taking it after that, even if my body fat % goes up. I tried all the other stuff, and really noticed no difference once the bottle was gone. The difference is I didn't rely on them alone, I kept up with my usual routine just to see if any of those things (Green Tea, garcinia cambogia, L-Carnitine, Forskokin, etc.) even tried stacking them. It really didn't accelerate any weight loss. The only one I kept taking was the CLA because I have been seeing returns in dropping fat, but that may still be just a result of the excess cardio I do each week. Everything else I take is just a vitamin. Caffeine does help give you energy if you need it, and I believe it helps to keep your metabolism up, but it also isn't necessary. The L-Carnitine did give me lots of energy if that's something you're looking for. I know this because I took it in the evening for a while before a long walk and on those nights I got exactly 0 sleep. It didn't take me long to figure out that it's best taken in the mornings. But it worked more like a pre-workout than a weight loss aid (energy only).
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Facebook - shut it off for a while.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I promise you...the day someone invents a skinny pill that works, it will be on the cover of every newspaper, headline on every tv channel. It will not be kept a secret, it will be screamed from the roof tops, louder than the cure for cancer.

You don't have to go looking for it. You'll hear when it happens. In the meantime...keep counting.
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    It's the equivalent of a Get Rich Quick scheme. They're lying to you in order to try to get your money. You can lose weight without giving anyone your money. You cannot buy weight loss. Well, short of surgery, you cannot buy it.

If you want to lose weight, you must work at it and be patient.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    It would be great if it was true...but nope.
  • freidaws
    freidaws Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I got a buy one, get one. It would have been better had I got none. I would be richer. I took every pill (flickers of hope!) and it didn't help my weight loss be any more weekly than it was previous to my taking it. The only people making money off this is snake oil salesmen.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    I would love to visit Cambodia.

I'm going in October! I am excited! It's going to be an amazing trip!
  • shortvixen09
    shortvixen09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nope. I've tried Garcinia Cambogia, Green Coffee Bean Extract, Acai Berry Cleanse and a sample of some pills I forgot the name of. Zilch and the last one made my chest feel tight occasionally. I tried Hollywood's 48 Hour Diet and was sick for nearly a week. Simple calorie counting can seem tough at times but it's so much more efficient and healthy.
  • b1229
    b1229 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I did try it a couple of years ago and it did help me lose weight mainly body fat in conjunction with diet and excercise, have just bought some. It's not a miracle pill just an aid you still have to do the work. Good luck.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    b1229 wrote: »
    I did try it a couple of years ago and it did help me lose weight mainly body fat in conjunction with diet and excercise, have just bought some. It's not a miracle pill just an aid you still have to do the work. Good luck.

Good job on reducing body fat with diet and exercise.