Help with meds and nutrition

Background - ex lazy man and smoker gave it all up 14 months ago and started exercising frequently.

Well in January I was rushed to hospital and after a week stay in a critical condition I was discharged with diagnosis of Löfgren syndrome, I also suffer CFS and high blood pressure stable with meds. Full family history of that though.

I'm on prednisolone 2.5mg a day now was started on 80mg a day. I go to the gym 5 days a week. I go treadmill for HIIT for 30 mins then a round of upper body weights machines. Sometimes I will swap the treadmill for spin for 45 mins. I have started ZMA and also now after a change on week 4 of c25k app. What I want to know is would it be safe and would I benefit from BCAAs? Or something better to assist me?

I run my run times at 6-6.5mph depending on heat in gym and walk 4mph. My walk HR is 140 and run is 168-178 ish. I'm 35 and 6'3 tall.

Just after any advice at all.

Replies

• pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Safe, yeah. Help you? The jury is still out on it. Some people believe BCAA's help. Personally, what my education tells me is they are a waste of money as long as you eat a sufficient amount of protein. Your body is an amazing machine. When you eat protein over 90% of it is broken down into single amino acids, the rest end up as di/tripeptides. BCAA's = Branched Chain Amino Acids, and there's only 3.