I'm new and need motivation to exercise

Options
MattysMommy0525
MattysMommy0525 Posts: 4 Member
edited June 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I've been struggling to lose ten pounds. I believe exercise is key but I can't seem to get motivated. Any tips on how to do it?

Replies

• ChxSurf782
    ChxSurf782 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    First, welcome! Second, be prepared for tough love on here.

Third, find something you enjoy and just DO IT (Sorry, Nike!). It doesn't have to be a gym routine...any activity where you exert yourself will do. Also, note that it's not just about exercise but has just as much to do with a proper diet, especially if your exercise is minimal/sporadic.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    No excuses; just do it.

And actually, what you swallow is the key to weight loss. Exercise is more for heart and muscle health plus that fabulous sense of well being.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    If you use Android or Google Calendar you can set a Goal and it'll remind you to workout everyday....
  • JennylovesKarl
    JennylovesKarl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Do jumping jacks in the mirror naked.
  • welshgirlhelen
    welshgirlhelen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hiya
    when I started using this app last week I had ten lbs to lose and I have lost 3. I have struggled for months and months to get any loss. I have a Fitbit and love seeing how active I've been and challenging other people! My fiancé bought me a punch bag for my birthday in May and I absolutely love it... stick on some good tunes loud and it's brilliant. I used to do Zumba because I love dancing but now I've moved and work full time I can't get to any classes but think of something you like and incorporate that into your exercise. I also love seeing how the extra exercise I do gives me more calories so I can have a glass of wine if I feel like one now and again lol x