Am new and need help

Options
Well basically im a 23 year old mother and i am very unhappy with my weight and unhappy with my self for letting my weight get this high. I need help trying to get it back down. And i know i can't do this on my own.

Replies

• hewitt366
    hewitt366 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, welcome. Add me as a friend if you want, we can keep each other on track!!
  • Cyd46
    Cyd46 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can do it!! Here you can get all the support you want!! Great SITE!! : ) This journey is not an easy one, I will agree! But, mind frame is also an important key!! Remind yourself YOU CAN!! YOUR WORTH IT!! And we are here to help you when needed! Good luck to you and your journey!! Smile because your on your way to a new you!!! : )
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Congratulate yourself on getting started to being a new you! You're a new mom, and it happens. We put others before ourselves, and it takes some time for us to get back to giving to ourselves in a healthy way. I found this site to have some really nice and motivating people. We're all going through this process together. Feel free to add me. I'll do what I can to add a motivation word every day!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Heyyy!! I am a 30 year old mommy of 5 little boys =) Welcome to MFP... this is an amazing place full of awesome people!!!
  • canwendy1
    canwendy1 Posts: 40
    Options
    Hello. You can add me as a friend if you'd like. :smile:

MFP is a great place to get back on track! :happy:
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it. Just start small and stay positive. Maybe start by changing what you eat, you'll be surprised at how this will make you feel better, even without much exercise. Not sure how old your child is, but go for walks or play at the park, really play. This will be exercise that will seem fun!

You WILL have hurdles but don't get discouraged. Just ask the people around you for support, you may be surprised at how willing they are to help!
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Totally understand the mom thing,I have 4 kids and gained about 60 each and only lost 30 After they were born,so yea after 4 kids I was overweight by more than 100 lbs! In total I've lost 70 and STILL have 60 to go. Good luck on your journey, this place is amazing for support! My request is sent!
  • billygirl519
    Options
    Hi, welcome. Add me as a friend if you want, we can keep each other on track!!