What you'll weigh in 5 weeks.

Options
alexcordero3
alexcordero3 Posts: 10 Member
edited June 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello all,

Does anyone know how accurate (or even close!)the "What you'll weigh in 5 weeks" statement and the end of each daily entry? It's an encouraging number and I'm working out like crazy but at slow rate that I'm losing weight, I don't see how that number could possibly be right. (but my cardio has improved dramatically and my clothes are fitting loosely now :)

Replies

• donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    It would be very accurate if you eat the exact same calories every day. If you eat more calories the next day, then it will tell you that in 5 weeks you won't weigh as less as the one the day before. It is all pure math and based on calories in and calories out, and accurate weighing and logging.

• Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    It's just an algorithm, nothing more. Everything you do and your individual physio differences affect it.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    It would be very accurate if you eat the exact same calories every day. If you eat more calories the next day, then it will tell you that in 5 weeks you won't weigh as less as the one the day before. It is all pure math and based on calories in and calories out, and accurate weighing and logging.

You forgot a big part of the equation, calories out. Unless you eat the exact same foods (not just same calorie) and move throughout each day exactly the same, it's just a guess.
    My 5 week weight estimate has never been accurate.
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I think it's quite motivating, I know it's not accurate but it shows that I'm on the right track
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It's not accurate, take it with a grain of salt. Mine for a long time was +/-2 lbs off, these days though, it's been saying I'd be 125 lbs for about 6 months. So... yea....
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    It's just an extension of what your calories for that day were ... meaning, if you continued to perform over the next 5 weeks JUST LIKE today, this is what you might weigh.
  • LCD_80
    LCD_80 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it just calculates your defecit that day and works out what you'd expect to lose if you had that same defecit every day for 5 weeks. To make that happen, you'd need to recalculate your maintenance calories and adjust your daily intake every day since as you lose weight the amount you can eat and keep the same defecit will go down.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Not even the slightest bit accurate for me. Wish it were though! I'd love to lose that much!
  • alexcordero3
    alexcordero3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    Although if I'm under by quite a bit, it reminds me that losing so much in five weeks isn't going to be realistic, I should eat better.
    Ahh... That's what I'm missing--reality! Ha ha... Ok, this makes sense. I'm eating much less but what's probably happening is that my body's likely holding on to resources because I'm starving it. Thing is, I'm not hungry. So what I think you're saying is to take in more calories hosted by better nutrition. (e.g., pizza=250cal. sodium is off the charts for me. two servings of oatmeal or something else that has 250 cal would be better).

• cchang3
    cchang3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The weight on the scale is inaccurate. My trainer does a body fat composition every 2 weeks. The scale showed a 3 lb weight loss but after the measurements I saw that I lost 9 lbs of fat and gained 6 lbs of muscle. So 3 lbs loss was inaccurate. I also lost loads of inches cause fat is much bigger than muscle