Morning Workout

I really want to start exercising in the morning, but I can't seem to find the motivation to get up early and go to the gym.
Does anyone have any tips to make it easier? :)

Replies

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    It's the first time that's the hardest. Lay your stuff out the night before, then Put your workout clothes on as soon as you get out of bed. You will feel badly not to go to the gym if you put the clothes on.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Tough at first but after you make it a habit its easy
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    This week changed from working out at 8 PM to working out st 5 AM. Two times I got to the gym at 4:45 AM! First day was the hardest but planning to stay with it because I like having my nights free.
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    I find the longer I wait, the harder it is. I love getting stuff done in the morning because it means I don't have to think about it any more. I also like starting the day with more calories (earning through exercise) and eating accordingly the rest of the day.
  • Jayar01
    Jayar01 Posts: 900 Member
    Try to get to sleep at a good time and get a decent amount of rest. Also have your stuff ready in the morning! Hope that helps
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Lay everything out the night before. Be ready. Have a plan. And don't give yourself time to think when you alarm goes off; just get up out of bed.
  • Lizafresh
    Lizafresh Posts: 1 Member
    If you have to get ready for work at the gym, have all that packed and in your gymbag. Have your lunch packed, whatever else. Have your gym clothes ready- socks, sports bra, ponytail holder, every little thing. Wake up, pee, dress, brush teeth, grab food/coffee, out the door. Like get up and out fast. I found it helpful to work out every morning at the same time. Consistency helped on days I really did not want to go.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 831 Member
    I think the key is being determined and then taking away anything you might use as an excuse. Like the above poster says, get everything all ready and then just go in the am. Its a struggle to get up 'early' but if you set your alarm for the same time each day this will become your new normal after a little while
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    I usually go to the gym in the tshirt I wear to bed. I roll out of bed, throw on the sweats/yoga pants and crawl to my car in flip flops. My duffel bag is prepped and already in my car ready to go with work clothes, socks and shoes. The faster you get in your car and out of the house, the less likely you'll create excuses for yourself not to go. Good luck!
  • isaccamoom
    isaccamoom Posts: 8 Member
    Lindsaykristina11, I have the same problem and would like to switch to 5am starting NOW! Let's support each other!