need more variety :/

Options
i'm 16 and i'm still a picky eater, but i'm definitely more open to things than i used to be. i don't really cook "fancy" meals that take a lot of preparation. i don't usually steam or cook vegetables either, and i'm home by myself all day until my parents get home, so i usually just eat healthy "quick" stuff like fruits and greek yogurts. how can i get more protein/nutrition in my diet that's easy to cook/make but still healthy? i need a LOT more protein. thank you :)

Replies

• fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    What about stir fried tofu and veges? Or Chicken, turkey. Stir fried with soy sauce and 5 spice powder, delicious!
    Omelettes are good for protein and easy to make.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm a super lazy cook. Ideas: quesadillas, those pre-cooked chicken breast strips (although high in sodium), sandwiches, wraps, hard boiled eggs, turkey sausage (also high sodium) on a bun, tuna
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Eggs!!! it's really easy to scramble them.
    im with you on the cooking. they now sell precooked chicken strips (they're not breaded or anything, and i've never had them so i can't vouch for their taste), but you could eat those with your normal snacks.
    nuts!!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, string cheese, almonds, pistachios, protein bars (try a low sugar one though), raw veggies or pita bread dipped in hummus (very yummy dip), etc...
  • stephaluphagus
    Options
    I hate cooking as well..so I like the easiest things possible..those precooked chicken strips with sauteed veggies in a mission low carb tortilla is super tasty..I'm trying to get more protein in my diet as well so I like chocolate soy milk..and Naked's chocolate protein drink..I hate fish but will eat shrimp so we buy those precooked frozen shrimp from walmart..sautee them in a little bit of olive oil with whatever spices you like and some uncle ben's wild rice..mix them together and YUM! The stuff we make literally takes no more then 15 min..