Favorite LOW calorie foods

Options
What are your favorite low calorie foods? I'm talking about anything...breakfast foods, snacks, homemade, or microwave...I wanna hear it :) I am on a less than 1400 calorie diet (works great btw...I have lost 25 lbs in 3 months on this!) and am ready to experience some new foods :smile:

My favorite include -
Breakfast - 120 cals - Cream of Wheat - maple and brown sugar.
Snacks - 100 cals - baked lays
- 100 cal popcorn bags
- 50 cals can of tuna with mustard

lunch/dinner - 250-300 cals each ...
- Pace complete meals
- sandwich made with Delightful 45 bread (only 45 cal per slice)
- frozen healthy choice cafe steamers

Whatcha got?!

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat things that are packaged as 100 calories or 120 calories.. these are usually described as "diet something" and usually not very tasty..

I take half a portion or a portion of a portion of something that I already love and it comes to lower calories!

• sarahmict
    sarahmict Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I cannot eat things that are packaged as 100 calories or 120 calories.. these are usually described as "diet something" and usually not very tasty..

I take half a portion or a portion of a portion of something that I already love and it comes to lower calories!

I LOVE my baked lays, popcorn, and the tuna...those are 3 of my staples for snacking. I love the crunchiness that I get from the 1st 2, and the tuna I feel satisfied after.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    eggs, pb2, spaghetti squash (incredibly filling for such a low cal food!), shrimp cocktail, that fake crab stuff with cocktail sauce (I love spicy cocktail sauce), green beans, pears, sangria made with diet cranberry juice...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    eggs, pb2, spaghetti squash (incredibly filling for such a low cal food!), shrimp cocktail, that fake crab stuff with cocktail sauce (I love spicy cocktail sauce), green beans, pears, sangria made with diet cranberry juice...

And mushrooms! I can't believe I forgot mushrooms.

• Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Tuna, edamame, strawberries and cherries
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Orville Redenbachers popcorn chips, sweet and salty or butter! 28g for 120 calories.
  • lolitax789
    lolitax789 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero icecream ...150 calories a pint, 4 gr of fiber ...and it is sooooo good.
  • jen3frg22
    jen3frg22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with pb2
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Tuna with mustard? I have to try that!

I love turkey rolled up with avocado and cheese, an apple with peanut butter.
    A bit of unsweetened cocoa in my coffee.

It's amazing what becomes delicious.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Breakfast

1 serving of plain Greek yogurt, .5-1 serving of honeu, and chop up blackberry and mix it together. About 200 calories.

Cottage cheese mixed with PB2. 120 calories.

Dunkin donuts ham egg and cheese wake up wrap. 170 calories.

Beef jerky and cheddar cheese cubes. 210 calories.

Lunch:

1 can tuna, 1 tsp full flavor mayo, and a honey wheat sandwich thin. 300 calories.

2 Hard boiled eggs, then mix the yolk with 1/4 avocado, cilantro, lemon juice, and garkic and stuff to make deviled eggs stuffed with avocado. 240 calories.

Big *kitten* bowl of spinach, with Tyson grilled chicken, dried cranberries, honeycrisp apple slices, walnuts, feta cheese, and a low calorie dressing. About 400 calories.

Dinner.

Grilled tilapia, uncle Ben's rice and quinoa blend, and steamed broccoli. 450 calories.

Taco bell steak cantina burrito. 470 calories.

Grilled fajita chicken with peooers, onions, and mushrooms, top with a smidgen of sour cream and cheese and eat in lettuce wraps instead of tortillas. Side of refried beans. 500 calories.
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sounds weird, but an omelette with cottage cheese& strawberries on the side. I first tried it at a diner, then started making my own healthy version at home. Filling, high protein & a lot of food for not that many calories.
    Also sweet potatoes.
    I love cereal- not exactly a healthy food, but if you measure your portion and eat with a nice amount of skim milk, there is nutrition there. Eating something like golden grahams or cookie crisp is like eating dessert.
  • motivatekait
    motivatekait Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Personally I love sugar free jello's-- particularly the chocolate mousse. Add a little whipped cream and it's like 60 cal. Plain greek yogurt with sugar free maple syrup, egg whites and extra lean ground chicken, 100g chicken breast + 100g broccoli + 1/4c low fat campbells cream of mushroom soup is fantastic.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Salsa. 5 cals a tbs. I put it on everything.

Unsweetened Almond milk. Creamy, has some fat, only 30 cals a cup. I use it mostly for iced coffee, smoothies and protein shakes.

Booked egg whites. Super cheap, easy to make and keep on hand. I can have 3 with salsa in each for less than 100 cals, lots of protein.
  • sarahmict
    Options
    So many ideas you guys have thrown out there I am excited about!!

Ummm...what is pb2?
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    sarahmict wrote: »

Ummm...what is pb2?

Powdered peanut butter. Not as rich as the good stiff, but 45 calories for two tablespoons mixed with water, and 7 grams protein. I think it's very tasty! Next to the nut butters in almost any grocery store. :)
  • ClarissaMcDaniel
    ClarissaMcDaniel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Spinach, Wholly Guacomole Minis (I like the classic and ranch), scrambled egg whites, MorningStar Veggie Crumbles, Turkey Breakfast Sausage, Jicama, Blueberries, Artic Freeze (cookie shake) Pint, FiberOne Desserts, Cucumbers, Chocolate Cheerios, Light N Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt
  • sarahmict
    Options

Ummm...what is pb2?

Powdered peanut butter. Not as rich as the good stiff, but 45 calories for two tablespoons mixed with water, and 7 grams protein. I think it's very tasty! Next to the nut butters in almost any grocery store. :)

Perfect!! I LOVE peanut butter...gonna go look for it today after work :) Thank you!
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options

Ummm...what is pb2?

Perfect!! I LOVE peanut butter...gonna go look for it today after work :) Thank you!

PB2 does not taste good on it's own, I love it in yogurt and shakes.