Calorie Burn.....how often....how long......how many......

Options
Hi all

Im interested in seeing how many of you exercise regularly and how often for?

How many times a day?
How long for?
What do you do?
And how many cals do you try and burn? - mainly for HRM users

Thanks
Saz xxxx

Replies

• beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I exercise once per day, about 45 - 60 minutes 5 - 6 times per week. Twice per week I workout with a Personal Trainer. Once per week I do a Boot Camp. The other days are whatever I feel like: Elliptical, going for a walk, group class at the gym. It just depends on my mood.
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    i just restarted my journey, but i try to do 30- 1hour a day burn about 300+ cals going for 7 days a week. so far this week it's been 2 days with 600+ cals burned. I do the turbo jam series.:drinker:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    How many times a day? once a day, usually seven days a week although lately with life I've been struggling
    How long for? 60-90 minutes plus strength training a couple of times a week
    What do you do? Action Motion Trainer, biking, walking on the treadmill
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    How many times a day?
    once a day

How long for?
    30 - 90 minutes

What do you do?
    ChaLean Extreme - strength training on Monday, Wednesday & Fridays, plus 30 - 45 minutes of cardio (depends on how I feel)
    On Tuedays, Thursdays & Saturdays 30 - 45 minutes of cardio, usually Turbo Jam - but will be start6ing Turbo Fire shortly

And how many cals do you try and burn? - mainly for HRM users
    strength + cardio = 450 - 650
    cardio = approx. 400 - 550
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    How many times a day? - once
    How long for? 45-60 minutes
    What do you do? primarily cardio (treadmill walking)
    And how many cals do you try and burn? minimum of 250 each day...usually try to hit 300+
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: a lot depends on age, weight, health, and time available

:flowerforyou: when I started this journey I tried to walk or dance a bit each day. I was already going to three line dance classes a week. As I got healthier and thinner, I added more exercise----exercise bike, dancing, walking, walking dogs, and gradually got to the point where I don't sit down much.......i read an article in a magazine that said "If you're moving, you're losing, so I keep on moving" :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: today I walked my frisky poodles for more than an hour before going to a two hour line dance class. After lunch I took my dogs to the off leash dog park and walked around the off leash area while they played for an hour. I may take them for another walk after supper.:bigsmile:
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I try to burn anywhere from 300 - 500 calories a day..I walk for an hour most mornings or play Wii Fit with my husband in the evening, I'm usually just happy to get my tushy off the couch for 30 minutes a day.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Monday = 45 min upper body weight training (Pushes) + 30 minutes of Cardio ~650 Calories
    Tuesday = 30 minutes of Cardio ~250 Calories
    Wednesday = 45 min upper body weight training (Pulls) + 30 minutes of Cardio ~650 Calories
    Thursday = 30 minutes of Cardio ~250 Calories
    Friday = 45 min lower body weight training (Legs & Core) + 30 minutes of Cardio ~650 Calories
    Saturday = 30 minutes of Cardio ~250 Calories
    Sunday = Rest
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i do a home workout m-f that is usually about 45 minutes and around 300-400 calories then I try to go to the gym atleast 4 days a week. some days when I go i burn 400-600 calories other (like zumba on saturdays) i can burn up to 700
    but essentially I work out 6 days a week sometimes 2 times a day
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4. I wear it to walk and swim. I burn about 150 calories an hour walking and 250 calories an hour swimming.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I normally use getting a paper as an excuse to go for a walk in the morning. As far as possible, it varies each week. This week it's a 2.6mile round journey. In the afternoon I'll try to either walk for an hour or walk/jog or do sit ups/squats for half an hour.
    I am hoping to start jogging properly in the autumn, right now my work doesn't really allow this. And of course, when I'm at home I'm trying to do the 30 Day shred AND I've got a Zumba DVD on order, just waiting for it.
    The way I look at it, the more you do, the more you can eat (within reason. Lol!) so if I think I'm going to want a drink or some chocolate one evening, I'll try to earn the calories first.
  • gsschulte
    gsschulte Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Well I do once or twice a day.

Mornings MWF I go until I hit a mileage goal This week is 6 miles which is around 600 cal and takes me just over an hour something like 72 minutes.
    T and TH I do a core workout which does not burn nearly as many calories but helps out with daily motion and all around stability. Plus if I work out correctly I have little or no lower back pain this takes about an hour.

And if my workout partner/roommate is able we go to the gym together in the evening after work. There I try and do what ever I can. Here lately that has been walking for 30 minutes but I have been known to toss out a 5k and do a quick full body workout. Those I am pulling something like 500~600. But I have been jogging treadmill style for about 2 years now so I have some time under my belt lol. Do what you can when you can. Humans are great once we establish a routine and stick to it. I did not like the original week of getting up at 5 am and hitting the gym but now it is routine and I will wake up early on the weekends now just out of habit.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Copy pasta from identical thread in Fitness Cat.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I use a BodyBugg and HRM.

It varies. I was working out 5-6 days per week, 30-60 min. per day. Walking, Wii Fit, EA Sports Active, weights, Insanity. Burns varied according to energy level and workout type from 100-400ish.

Kind of took the month of June off. Exercise has been sporadic, though I did get hellacious burns "Spring" cleaning.

Starting on July 5th will be starting a 7 month, NROL(FW) / Insanity hybrid program with my husband. The program alternates Insanity Cardio/Plyo with weight lifting, every 6th day is a rest day, and after each NROL(FW) segment will be a one week rest at maintenance calories (with a 2 week rest over the winter holidays because of travel).
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! :laugh: