1 WEEK OF INTERMITTENT FASTING BUT STILL NOT REDUCING WEIGHT. PLEASE HELP :(

Options
sherryzm24
sherryzm24 Posts: 44 Member
edited June 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, My name is shahraam, I am currently weighing 88 kgs/194 lbs. I have been following the Intermittent fasting protocol for almost a week now but I see no results with my weight loss. As per the calculations, my daily caloric intake to maintain my body weight is 2500 calories (approx.) And I have been in a 30-35% deficit which is, I have been consuming 1750 calories daily.
The funny part is when I first weighed myself (early morning, right after taking a piss or dump) on the first day, I was 89.6 kg/195 lbs, the next day it was 88.5 kgs...and the weights have been scaling between 88-89 kgs for me everyday. I don't know where am I doing it wrong. firstly I am in a caloric deficit, secondly, I am proportionally consuming my macros and I even lift in a fastned state.

IF ANYONE OF YOU ARE HAVING OR HAD THE SAME ISSUE, PLEASE HELP ME OUT :(

Replies

• JKI19
    JKI19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    hpshahraam wrote: »
    Hi, My name is shahraam, I am currently weighing 88 kgs/194 lbs. I have been following the Intermittent fasting protocol for almost a week now but I see no results with my weight loss. As per the calculations, my daily caloric intake to maintain my body weight is 2500 calories (approx.) And I have been in a 30-35% deficit which is, I have been consuming 1750 calories daily.
    The funny part is when I first weighed myself (early morning, right after taking a piss or dump) on the first day, I was 89.6 kg/195 lbs, the next day it was 88.5 kgs...and the weights have been scaling between 88-89 kgs for me everyday. I don't know where am I doing it wrong. firstly I am in a caloric deficit, secondly, I am proportionally consuming my macros and I even lift in a fastned state.

IF ANYONG OF YOU ARE HAVING OR HAD THE SAME ISSUE, PLEASE HELP ME OUT :(

Make sure you're staying hydrated, track EVERYTHING, and be patient! It is going to take a couple of weeks before you really see progress. The first week weigh in can be differing based on water retention. You'll start to see real changes after about Week 3. Consistency is key! :)
  • Shadyhuero805
    Shadyhuero805 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Oh it works..lol.. 3 weeks from 216 to 205... Measure. Watch ehat you eat. Gym..and water.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what I tell my 3 year old...calm your face. Weightloss takes patience. My first mini goal is to lose 15 lbs to get to preprego weight and I'm giving myself till Christmas (so 6 months for 15 lbs). Sw was 177 (30 days ago) cw is 169, first goal weight is 155, end goal weight is around 135ish.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    ONE week? Patience grasshopper.
  • andrasita30
    andrasita30 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

IF ANYONE OF YOU ARE HAVING OR HAD THE SAME ISSUE, PLEASE HELP ME OUT :(

Look up videos from The Hodgetwins. They give very good information...in their own way though but you can learn a lot
  • sherryzm24
    Options
    I don't have any experience with intermittent fasting but whatever you're doing you should probably give it longer than a week before you decide it's not working.

I guess this is the most common suggestion I have received so far..thank u so much :)
  • Shadyhuero805
    Options
    Hodgetwins is where i got my knowledge
  • sherryzm24
    Options
    Give it at least 4- 6 weeks.

Side question: are you weighing your food.

Yes i guess i have to wait...nope I dont weigh them..I scan foods that i buy and I eyeball the raw foods i eat
  • sherryzm24
    Options
    1. If it's been less than 3 weeks or so, don't sweat it! Normal fluctuations happen and unfortunately sometimes we stall for a week or two even when we're doing everything right. Give your body some time to catch up with the changes you're making.

2. If you aren't already, be sure that you're logging everything. Sometimes people forget about things like veggies, drinks, cooking oils, and condiments. For some people these can add up to enough to halt your weight loss progress.

3. Consider buying a food scale if you don't already have one. They're about $10-$20 dollars in the US and easily found at places like Amazon, Target, and Walmart. Measuring cups and spoons are great, but they do come with some degree of inaccuracy. A food scale will be more accurate, and for some people it makes a big difference.

4. Logging accurately also means choosing accurate entries in the database. There are a lot of user-entered entries that are off. Double-check that you're using good entries and/or using the recipe builder instead of someone else's homemade entries.

5. Recalculate your goals if you haven't lately. As you lose weight your body requires fewer calories to run. Be sure you update your goals every ten pounds or so.

6. If you're eating back your exercise calories and you're relying on gym machine readouts or MFP's estimates, it might be best to eat back just 50-75% of those. Certain activities tend to be overestimated. If you're using an HRM or activity tracker, it might be a good idea to look into their accuracy and be sure that yours is calibrated properly.

7. If you're taking any cheat days that go over your calorie limits, it might be best to cut them out for a few weeks and see what happens. Some people go way over their calorie needs without realizing it when they don't track.

8. If you weigh yourself frequently, consider using a program like trendweight to even out the fluctuations. You could be losing weight but just don't see it because of the daily ups and downs.

9. Some people just burn fewer calories than the calculators predict. If you continue to have problems after 4-6 weeks, then it might be worth a trip to the doctor or a registered dietitian who can give you more specific advice.

I Guess I will just need to stay patient for a while..thank u so much..means a ton!! :)
  • sherryzm24
    Options
    allyphoe wrote: »
    Your start weight a week ago was 89.6 kg (which is actually 197 in pounds), you maintained a deficit large enough that you have an expected weight loss of 1.5 pounds (0.7 kg), and your current weight is 88 kg (193.6 pounds), for an actual loss of 1.6 kg / 3.5 pounds.

The part you're doing wrong is patience. Random water weight fluctuation can easily disguise a 1.5 pound weight over the course of a week, but is unlikely to disguise it over the course of, say, 6 weeks. So keep on keeping on for 6 weeks, and see where you are then.

You are right..i did reduce...i guess i will just patience...thanks a ton though :)
  • sherryzm24
    Options
    JKI19 wrote: »

IF ANYONG OF YOU ARE HAVING OR HAD THE SAME ISSUE, PLEASE HELP ME OUT :(

Make sure you're staying hydrated, track EVERYTHING, and be patient! It is going to take a couple of weeks before you really see progress. The first week weigh in can be differing based on water retention. You'll start to see real changes after about Week 3. Consistency is key! :)

Yes bro...I stay hydrated most of the times...and yes i guess just like others suggested .. i will need to remain patient...thanks a ton man..means alot:)
  • sherryzm24
    Options
    Oh it works..lol.. 3 weeks from 216 to 205... Measure. Watch ehat you eat. Gym..and water.
    215 to 206...thats an amazing loss man...i guess patience and consistency is definitely the key for me at the moment...and yes i do watch hodgetwins..they are savage :)
  • sherryzm24
    Options
    I'll tell you what I tell my 3 year old...calm your face. Weightloss takes patience. My first mini goal is to lose 15 lbs to get to preprego weight and I'm giving myself till Christmas (so 6 months for 15 lbs). Sw was 177 (30 days ago) cw is 169, first goal weight is 155, end goal weight is around 135ish.

I guess thats the toll i'll have to take...thanks alot though..means a ton... :)
  • Shadyhuero805
    Options
    Gettin all kinds of gainz...
  • Shadyhuero805
    Options
    It will sliw down... But remember. If Is a tool. Not abweight loss.. Im like you a scan as much as i xan.and then eyeball the rest..but always add more calories consumed. Better to be safe then sorry... And i didnt weigh myself until 2 weeks later.. Dont be anal about it. Surprise yourself... And if it isnt what you like..fuvk it.. Roll with it.
  • sherryzm24
    Options
    It will sliw down... But remember. If Is a tool. Not abweight loss.. Im like you a scan as much as i xan.and then eyeball the rest..but always add more calories consumed. Better to be safe then sorry... And i didnt weigh myself until 2 weeks later.. Dont be anal about it. Surprise yourself... And if it isnt what you like..fuvk it.. Roll with it.

I used to ignore my weight and caloric tracking before IF..but now i am a bit alert with it..but yes i do get surprised everyday haha!