doy......nope.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    nah
  • mecoconleche
    mecoconleche Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Normal, I'm pretty sure most of us got fat because of our eating habits, and not our metabolism
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Nope... a lot of people have said I can eat a lot 'for a girl'!!!!!! :laugh:
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yes - caused by yo yo dieting my whole life.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I could eat everything in sight and not gain anything was always a skinny mini
    Nowadays it all goes straight to my tummy and thighs but I think your matabolism slows down as you get older
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    kate141987 wrote: »
    When I was younger I could eat everything in sight and not gain anything was always a skinny mini
    Nowadays it all goes straight to my tummy and thighs but I think your matabolism slows down as you get older

You must've been more active when you were younger.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    kate141987 wrote: »

You must've been more active when you were younger.

Yeah perhaps
    Was a size 6 until I was about 18 then I quit smoking and jumped to a size 12 in 3 months so I actually think the smoking had an affect on my weight as well
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, metabolic syndrome, fibromyalgia (which basically means doctors have no idea how to cure what is causing my pain, and I have thyroid cancer which has lead to the complete removal of my thyroid... but with the right thyroid medication I can lose weight with a sensible (1200 calorie) diet. My thyroid levels being off does change my metabolism but not in the sense most people think.. it changes my temperature, cholesterol, heart rate, lactic acid production and lowers the amount of calories I need to survive.. finally at a good level since 2012 and I am losing weight without starving myself
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    nah

Yeah, I look at a cookie and gain 5 lbs and you eat a whole dang tray and lose 5. I hate you. Lol

:)
  • jb8tesxx
    jb8tesxx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Biggest mistake there is! Overweight people have fast metabolisms and healthy weight people have slow metabolisms, which means they have a chance to use the carlories before they are stored as fat.
    People refuse to believe it, because they can't stand the Idea of fat people being 'faster' at something, because we associate 'faster' with 'better'. But no so in this case.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jb8tesxx wrote: »
    Biggest mistake there is! Overweight people have fast metabolisms and healthy weight people have slow metabolisms, which means they have a chance to use the carlories before they are stored as fat.
    People refuse to believe it, because they can't stand the Idea of fat people being 'faster' at something, because we associate 'faster' with 'better'. But no so in this case.

The what now?
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Probably not...
  • bunnyghost
    bunnyghost Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    it's very slow. i'm guessing i have a thyroid problem though. i think the only reason i'm thin now is from exercising so much haha
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I think oolong is supposed to help rev your metabolism

I'm getting some next shopping trip
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Well, it certainly ain't what it used to be! I wouldn't call it slow, but slower than before. Classic middle-aged lady stuff here. I've adjusted my eating and activity level accordingly.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    I think oolong is supposed to help rev your metabolism

I'm getting some next shopping trip

You look like you weigh like 90lbs. Why are you trying to rev your metabolism?

I don't weigh 90 lbs
  • iceyblues
    iceyblues Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Nope,just reallllly love food