Phentermine?

Options
ku9jo
ku9jo Posts: 2 Member
Have you, or anybody you know, used phentermine and had lasting results?

Replies

• ku9jo
    ku9jo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day! I'm hoping for great results.
  • tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I took it years ago and it worked. If you remember the miracle drug combination PhenPhen that was removed from the market due to heart valve issues, you're taking half of that combination. I took Phentermine and it worked, like I said. I did NOT have lasting results and going in once a month to have my heart checked scared me a little. I believe, with any weight loss plan, you must learn what you can and cannot eat along the way. If you learn nothing, nothing will work. There isn't a true weight loss miracle.

I wish you all the best. It will help as long as you are committed.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't like the idea of diet pills, I would rather just eat at a calorie deficit and lose the weight naturally.

However as long as your doctor is happy for you to take this drug and is monitoring you for any of the rather nasty side effects then I guess it is ok and I wish you luck with your weight loss.

But please remember, you will need to teach yourself how to eat at a calorie deficit or at maintenance for when you have to stop taking the pills, otherwise you may well regain the weight you have lost.

If however you have bought these pills online then I would say don't take them as you can't guarantee what is in them and they may be useless at best and very dangerous at worst.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    ku9jo wrote: »

I am 4 months in and I have lost 37 lbs. Its like anything else as long as you stick to the plan it will work but when you stop working out and watching your cal intake then you will gain weight again. I look at phentermine as a tool to help you get going, and a very awesome and useful tool as well, if it works long term is solely up to you.. You need to make a decision to permanently change your lifestyle.

If you want support I suggest that you join the phentermine users group as you will not find too many people in the regular forums that support or understand its use. As you can see from he comments " I don't like the idea of diet pills" . Its just the nature of MFP. Best of luck on your journey to a new you.,
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

Go here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/6655-phentermine-users
  • Pommom128
    Pommom128 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I took it in 2011...lost a lot of weight..I got down to 124 pounds!!..kept it off for about 2 years...it's like anything else..you have to keep it up...eating habits I mean..I'm trying this now..I gained everything I lost!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I took it in 2011...lost a lot of weight..I got down to 124 pounds!!..kept it off for about 2 years...it's like anything else..you have to keep it up...eating habits I mean..I'm trying this now..I gained everything I lost!!

Ah I'm sorry, that sucks!!

read this

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside/p1

A decent calorie deficit is all you need!

best wishes :)
  • JennylovesKarl
    JennylovesKarl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I used it and I felt like I was on coke or something honestly... I hardly ate. I didn't even lose weight. Weird. I wouldn't do it again. JMO
  • Charlottegetfit2
    Charlottegetfit2 Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have used phentermine in the past with good results, however, I didn't keep the weight off; thus, the reason I have joined MFP. I'm just trying to learn to eat healthier and stay off diet pills. They really aren't good for you.
  • pegasus925
    pegasus925 Posts: 42 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have lost 80 pounds then plateau for the longest time, stuck to 1200 calories worked my tail off. I started in 2011 to diet, finally about 7 weeks ago I started phentermine and I've lost 32 pounds with Lean MD. I'm now at 115 or so. I've always had to eat less and exercise. I just think once you gained the weigh, losing it is fine but it's super easy to regain no matter what diet you are on, also getting older. I make all my meals fresh and workout 5-6 days a week. Lean MD is costing me a lot but sometimes your body just needs to be shook up. I know someone who is doing the Kaiser liquid diet and another who had gastric bypass. After 10 years, his stomach stretched and he had to have the lap-band. Not even surgery will forever prevent gaining. It's little portions and exercise. FOREVER and ever and ever.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Learning maintenance is key and it helps if you count calories accurately without the help of phentermine.
  • sherilynnwright2015
    sherilynnwright2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I have . its a temp fix if you have a food addiction. You can't take those for a long time. I have been on and off for years just losing weight and going off and gaining back. I am not doing that again. I do not want to be a slave to anything.
  • sherilynnwright2015
    sherilynnwright2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    rockyniki wrote: »
    I have used phentermine in the past with good results, however, I didn't keep the weight off; thus, the reason I have joined MFP. I'm just trying to learn to eat healthier and stay off diet pills. They really aren't good for you.

Me too !
  • cuzitey
    cuzitey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tried phentermine, i would not reccomend it. I took one pill and i was HIGH AS A KITE. I was super loopy and disoriented, it was not a fun trip, would not reccomend
  • TeresaCleek
    TeresaCleek Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've taken Phentermine for a year and a half. Initally I lost a lot of weight. From Feb. 2015 to November 2015 I lost 70 pounds. I am also on a low carb diet. With that said. The Phentermine does something in the brain to help you battle the cravings, but it won't work unless you are religious about the diet. I have learned that eating carbs makes me crave more carbs. My doctor says typically if you do both together whatever amount you loose the first month you will loose half that the second, half again the third. Then take a month off for your body to adjust. Start the cycle again. This was my experience.
    With that said. From December to now I took the same dose and did not follow the diet. I gained 16 pounds back. So Yesterday I started again. Actually last weekend I started the diet again and the meds yesterday. In the beginning I asked my doctor how people maintain after taking phentermine. He said he has some clients who come in once a year and take it for a month.
    The High as a kite feeling goes away after the first few days.