New to being Vegan Any tips for me?

Options
Any recipies? Easy grab and go ? Im a college student

Replies

• teatumbles
    teatumbles Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Dates and bananas are great, cheap, calorie dense, and energizing snacks. Avocados are great to bring with you for an on the go meal(maybe eat with some toast or something) The Vegan Corner on YouTube has some great easy recipes. Good luck !!
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I always have a ton of beans, rice, veggies and fruits on hand (Asian markets have great prices on produce). Then make a big bowl of yum (google buddha bowls). there are a ton of college vegan inspirations on YouTube [of course, you need to separate the vegans from someone following a trend (who are usually way calorie deficient)]. Some of my fave vegan YT are edgy veg and good eatings. Snacks: veggies + hummus or almonds + blueberries (in addition to the ones listed above)
  • stormflower
    stormflower Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    When I was in college, I pretty much lived on Luna bars, Primal Strips, oranges, and bananas -- because they're all easy to grab and take with you! Primal Strips are generally 74-99 calories and have 10-11g of protein, so they are a great snack between classes.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Lettuce :)
  • MessyArts
    MessyArts Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i like to make my own bread... whole wheat pasta, beans, popcorn, rice, tortillas (corn), potatoes. mad cheap. fruit for on the go. french pressing my own coffee and making my own almond milk. preparing your own stuff saves you A TON. (: oh and baked/grilled veggies of all types. nutritional yeast. roasted garlic. soy vey teriyaki. annie's naturals shitake vin. miso miso miso. i could go on for days. but you can put those on anything and make it good.
  • Goforthian
    Goforthian Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also new to vegan. I need help to stick with it. I swear I've been more sick (vomiting) in the last 6 months than I have in the past 6 years! I need help too!!
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Tofu, nuts, beans and peanut butter.
    Veggie burgers, "chik patties" are delicious.
    Lots of fruits and veggies.
    Make sure to eat enough protein.
    Toast, peanut butter, sliced bananna and honey for breakfast.
  • nia_bella
    nia_bella Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you living on campus? I wasn't vegan in college but certain things don't require much effort like potatoes, rice, and veggies. Don't skimp on calories though. And lastly, youtube can be your best friend! Good luck
  • TricksterBreeze
    TricksterBreeze Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If you like peanut butter, I recommend Hampton's! It's delicious!

Also watch out for which chips are and aren't vegan.