help am I doing it wrong?

Options
I'm eating 1200 calories a day, weighing my food ,going gym 5days a week doing cardiovascular for 30-40mins and light weights 20kg for 20mins but on day 11 I have gained 2lbs and my measurements are the same

Replies

• boomboom70
    boomboom70 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but when I was looking for the answer for the exact same problem, I kept reading 'water retention' especially if you are lifting. I have finally lost 1lb after two weeks of a very similar regime to you. I'd say stick at it you are doing the right things (as long as you are 100% sure you are not overestimating food portions). Good luck!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @terri4m 2 pounds is likely water that your body is retaining to repair your muscles and it's going to take a while to see results. Some measure of patience is essential, and weight loss is not always linear. Some weeks you may lose nothing or even gain and then, the next week, you weigh in and you've lost 4 pounds. I only check measurements once a month because it can take a bit to see changes there.
    Don't get discouraged.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Also see flowchart:

cqpf6d19hh6o.jpeg
  • terri4m
    terri4m Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks.that actually makes a lot of sense
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I like that flowchart.

Hang in there, OP, weight loss is a long game.
  • kayode33
    kayode33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Change up your cardio and do some HIITs twice a week with your other cardio. Also do a morning workout if you can for as little as 10mins. You might have added a little bit of muscles or that's water retention as some folks have