How much is 1 oz of shredded cheese?

Options
I do not yet have a kitchen scale. Can someone tell me how many Tbs. 1 oz of shredded cheese is?

Replies

• shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    It is 1/8 of a cup or 2 Tbsp.
  • RebeccaKF
    RebeccaKF Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    actually, an ounce of cheese is generally 1/4 cup which is 4 tablespoons.
  • RebeccaKF
    RebeccaKF Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    actually, an ounce of cheese is generally 1/4 cup which is 4 tablespoons.

You know, after I posted this question I went and looked at the back of the bag of shredded cheese. I don't know why that didn't occur to me before asking. Anyway, you are right. It said 1/4 cup is 1 oz.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I guess I have been eating less calories than I thought! Sorry!
  • merne
    merne Posts: 1
    Options
    It depends on whether the cheese is shredded or not. 1/4 cup shredded, but if it's not shredded, you are looking at something closer to a 1/8 cup size. Of course, this depends on the fat content and density of the cheese itself.
  • ninnacs76
    ninnacs76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, i'm at work and brought some cheese with me and how that i know how much 1 oz is and THE CALORIES I'm disappointed.
    Is there a cheese that is less in calories ? and still taste good? lol probably not.
  • tyjames
    tyjames Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes cottage cheese low fat 1% milk fat- Small curd. Mine specifically from Walmart (great value) which I don't think it matter the brand. It's 80 calories for 1/2 cup which is not to bad. 5 carbs, 13g protein, and 1.5g of fat, 1g saturated fat per serving.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Depends on the cheese
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    tyjames wrote: »
    Yes cottage cheese low fat 1% milk fat- Small curd. Mine specifically from Walmart (great value) which I don't think it matter the brand. It's 80 calories for 1/2 cup which is not to bad. 5 carbs, 13g protein, and 1.5g of fat, 1g saturated fat per serving.

I find lowfat cottage cheese awful but I love full fat!

In my experience, it's closer to 1/3 cup of cheese when shredded, but it will depend on the cheese and the shredder too...
  • ddavenport63
    ddavenport63 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i like coles (in australia ) mature light tasty or Aldi light tasty both a bit lower in calories than normal tasty.
  • Namdier
    Namdier Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'll tell ya how much cheese it is

Not enough :/

Haha! I love cheese and unfortunately this is true...
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    JOKE!!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Go for an extra mature cheese and that way less is more :smile:
    Perhaps it's time to get yourself a food scale, they are so cheap, I paid £10 for my digital ones a few years ago, very enlightening :smiley:
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Convertunits.com answers all questions.