I am in need of accountability.

I'm new to this app but its time that I take my health seriously. I just turn 25 this past tuesday and I am not going to get any younger. With the health issues that run in my family I cannot continue to be this size. But I can't do it alone. May someone please help me?

Replies

• kari_brianna
    kari_brianna Posts: 27 Member
    I'm new to this app but its time that I take my health seriously. I just turn 25 this past tuesday and I am not going to get any younger. With the health issues that run in my family I cannot continue to be this size. But I can't do it alone. May someone please help me?

Hey feel free to add me I'm 18 but I'm in the same position you are now. I'm focusing on eating healthier and exercising at least 5 times a week, feel free to inbox me if you need advice for workouts, food, ect
  • ausrunninggal
    ausrunninggal Posts: 28 Member
    Feel free to add me! Always happy to support people!
  • shelleyrhoads
    shelleyrhoads Posts: 103 Member
    Feel free to add me.
  • surlygurlohio
    surlygurlohio Posts: 5 Member
    Hang in there. Add me!
  • walker1world
    walker1world Posts: 259 Member

If you have diabetes in your family then doing the calories in calories out method to weight loss probably won't work long term. That is because your probably already have metabolic syndrome and you are gaining insulin resistance.

Before people get excited and tell me why they are ok witg CICO, This dosent apply to all people, it only apply to people who has a family history of type 2 diabetes and most type 1. For people like us it is realy about learning how to control your insulin production. For people like us certain foods we eat triggers more insulin than it does in normal people that insulin stores the food we eat into fat instead of using it for fuel. Thus your hungry an hour after eating a meal. Your body releases Ghrelin to say hey where is the energy you ate an hour ago send more right away.

The way to get in front of this is a whole other story. That has a lot to do with you and what fits you.

This is only if you have thay family history like I do, and millions of other people.