Amazing Race - Summer Heat

Options
hawkins410
hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
Welcome to the Amazing Race - Summer Heat! This is a TEAM challenge, which will last from June 20 until August 29. In that 10 weeks, teams will compete to reach 10 countries around the world. In order to reach each destination, a certain number of miles must be completed, which will vary from week to week. Miles are accumulated by minutes of exercise done by each team.

There will also be three challenges each week: two physical and a third nutritional or accountability challenge. Each individual challenge will have assigned points that will also be added to your team's score.
Points will be totaled for each team and the team with the most points at the end of the race, wins!
Of course, your team must reach the required destinations!

If interested, please join the group and add yourself to the sign-up sheet using the link below:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114462-amazing-race-summer-heat
Let's have some fun this summer while getting fit at the same time! :)

Replies

• mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    :)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    We had enough MFP members sign-up in the first 24 hours for two teams, so spots are going quickly! This challenge is meant to be tailored to your individual fitness ability, while working with a team for motivation and support. We will virtually "travel" to 10 different countries over 10 weeks: competing, getting fit, and having fun while we do it! :smiley:
    Check us out for more information. If interested, please join the group AND add your name to the sign-up sheet.
    Cheers! :smile:
  • aspire2lift
    aspire2lift Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Just joined, thank you!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    Hey everyone, this is a great chance to make new friends and "travel" around the world. Losing weight and getting in shape is much more fun when you have a team to lean on for support and offer words of encouragement.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Spots are still left for the challenge!
    Check out a way to get fit with team support and motivation. If interested, please join the group AND add your name to the sign-up sheet.
    Get active and have fun at the same time!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    This is a fun challenge. You get to race around the world, do some fun, yet challenging challenges, lose weight and make friends!

I know summer is full of traveling and picnics and hanging out with kids, so why not turn your extra activity into miles to help your team reach awesome destinations around the world?!

Even if you are away for part of it I am sure arrangements can be made so that you can still participate.
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for this to start! :)
  • littlebarry
    littlebarry Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a motivating way to get active.
  • aspire2lift
    aspire2lift Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    mswanger09 wrote: »
    This is a fun challenge. You get to race around the world, do some fun, yet challenging challenges, lose weight and make friends!

I know summer is full of traveling and picnics and hanging out with kids, so why not turn your extra activity into miles to help your team reach awesome destinations around the world?!

Even if you are away for part of it I am sure arrangements can be made so that you can still participate.

:)
  • dtplow
    Options
    @littlebarry it is much fun and so motivating because you are completing challenges with your team.
    Lots of support as well!
  • littlebarry
    littlebarry Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank you @dtplow. It sounds great!
  • Meowler
    Meowler Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic idea. I really hope more people join in. :)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Welcome to the race @Meowler! :)
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Joined and heading up a team for this one! Been in a few of these types of challenges and they are a blast! Have met people from around the world and discovered new ways to eat better and stay active! Highly recommend this group!!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Not sure how many people are on my team right now (in addition to my former team mates from the previous challenge). But if you are ok with me touching base with you on a regular basis to keep you in the game, then ask to be put on my team. I say 'touching base ' but what I really mean is nagging you in the most respectful way possible because my team is in it to win it!!!
  • leannev68
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »
    Not sure how many people are on my team right now (in addition to my former team mates from the previous challenge). But if you are ok with me touching base with you on a regular basis to keep you in the game, then ask to be put on my team. I say 'touching base ' but what I really mean is nagging you in the most respectful way possible because my team is in it to win it!!!

Ok. That looks bad when the emoticons I added don't show up. I had some goofy faces emojis in there to lighten up that message. Geesh.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Love your enthusiasm @leannev68! :)
  • mswanger09
    Options
    @leannev68, this looks like it will be another fight to the finish! This should be another fun race!
  • dtplow
    Options
    Okay, I am in countdown mode to start date