So pissed @ myself right now

David1106
David1106 Posts: 28
edited 6:10AM in Food and Nutrition
Busy day, ended up ordering pizza from Papa John's for the family. I had 3 slices of medium cheese pizza and was full, but had 2 extra slices of pepperoni about a half hour later just because it was laying around. Went 400 calories over my 1890 recommended budget for the day. This is really my 1st time cheating since I have lost over 50 lbs. I have been sitting idle for the past 3 weeks with no weight loss and I feel like I am getting a little discouraged and slipping back into my old habits. I never post on these boards, but figured now is a good time.

Replies

• joyoungolivia
    joyoungolivia Posts: 85 Member
    yea I kno how u feel, I've been really good recently but havent lost any weight in a while and am feeling a bit demotiavted, ended up having a major binje last night and nearly chucked it all in, but i forced myself to work some off it off in the middle of the night and i woke up this morning glad that i didnt quit! Just push yourself to get up tmorro and get back into the exercise, once you start back at it you will be back on track and then you can pat yourself on the back for not quitting!! you're doing great, dont stop!! x
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Tomorrow is a new day. Feeling guilty is a sign that you aren't slipping back to old habits. Just get back on the horse tomorrow and kick some butt!

Plus, maybe do a longer workout tomorrow to make up for it!
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    stop the guilt, so you went over? PSH! Tomorrow is almost heya!
  • vodkaswigger
    vodkaswigger Posts: 467
    Dont be so hard on yourself, we all have slips here and there. Youve done fab so far, take this as a treat and get back to it, tomorrow is a new day. Change up your exercise a bit if your going thru a plateau. Good luck xx
  • mikesnwgirl
    mikesnwgirl Posts: 112
    we all slip up once in a while. Just pick yourself up dust yourself off and get back on the horse. One year from now you'll be glad you did!!
  • janski2
    janski2 Posts: 70
    They say changing things up makes changes. Maybe it will give you a boost in your weight loss.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Yep....just get back at it again! And also drink lots of water to flush out the sodium from the pizza.
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Don't be so hard on yourself, we all have our cheat meals every once in a while! If you've been stuck for the past 3 weeks, maybe a bad day of eating will actually help you bust your plateau...sometimes when I eat really clean and low cal, I get stuck, and then as soon as I have a cheat meal and up my calories, my weight loss resumes the next day.

Tomorrow is a new day and things will continue to get better. You've already lost 50lbs, and that's a pretty amazing accomplishment! Be proud of the progress you've already made, and keep working towards your goals! :)
  • cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    The only thing you can do is jump back on the wagon. Being pissed at yourself doesn't fix anything. Everyone has days where they regret what they ate. Make up for it. Work a little harder. Push yourself.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    OK. That's a teensy bit of a cheat meal, but what the hey?! You can burn this off like nothing over the next couple days! It's just a slight delay, not a failure...

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • Tracy184
    Tracy184 Posts: 74
    Don't beat yourself up! At least one day a week I go with a quick calorie add and just enter 1500 or 1800 when I've been really bad for dinner (in addition to whatever I've already entered for breakfast and lunch). It happens. I've still lost 10 lbs, and I've finally for the first time in 5 years stopped gaining weight.

Next time wrap the pizza up right away and throw it in the fridge, or just throw it away. There's no need for you eat it if you don't even really want it.
  • itsirk1978
    itsirk1978 Posts: 31 Member
    When I have days like that I do not let them get me down, and if I really feel guilty - I go for a walk, or turn on my Zumba workout and work off those extra calories I just ate. Right now my weakness is s'mores - so I have one every night, and I work it back off by doing Zumba afterwards. I was also idle recently and felt the same way you do now, but i regrouped, and changed up my routine, and now i am back to loosing again! You can do it! Do not let one bad day get you down.... Everyone needs a "cheat" day every now and again.
  • 57 lbs is an INCREDIBLE amount of loss to have zero cheats until now! I wish I had the same amount of willpower as you've had, lol :smile: This is only one cheat and perhaps this excess will shock your body out of a routine and allow it to push past the plateau. Don't be so hard on yourself, and certainly don't let yourself give up just because of one small slip-up, after all tomorrow is a new day!
  • Postlethwaite
    Postlethwaite Posts: 90 Member
    WOW! 400 calories is not a natural disaster! You have already changed your way of thinking enough to recognize this and want to take action to prevent it from causing a problem. Good for you!!
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    OH my goodness! I have been in the same boat! I've lost 50 pounds and I've stayed exactly the same for 2 weeks. Then this morning I get up and I've gained a pound. How does that happen???? Keep us posted. Interested in seeing if the extra calories starts the weightloss again.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Don't be so hard on yourself, we all have our cheat meals every once in a while! If you've been stuck for the past 3 weeks, maybe a bad day of eating will actually help you bust your plateau...sometimes when I eat really clean and low cal, I get stuck, and then as soon as I have a cheat meal and up my calories, my weight loss resumes the next day.

Tomorrow is a new day and things will continue to get better. You've already lost 50lbs, and that's a pretty amazing accomplishment! Be proud of the progress you've already made, and keep working towards your goals! :)

Totally agree! It may seem counterintuitive, but sometimes extra calories do allow you to break a plateau. It has happened to me a couple of times already.
  • David1106
    David1106 Posts: 28
    Thanks all for the replies. I guess 400 calories is not the end of the world, but I was trying to save a few calories for some 4th of July parties going on this weekend. Oh well, guess I will have to walk my dogs 2 miles now instead of 1. Thanks again all.
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    One thing my trainer says "Don't fret about a cheat meal, just move on and don't look back."
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Pizza is tough!! At least it is for me. I've had a hard time convincing my hubby not too order enough for leftovers on the days we splurge with pizza. He likes the leftovers, but if it's there, I'll eat it. It's good that you're pissed at yourself I think. At least you are not thinging "oh well, I've blown it I might as will pig out on everything".

So be pissed, then get back on track. It's just one day.
This discussion has been closed.