Issues with food

Options
I have binged again today I honestly think calorie counting brings it on more as have had problems with binge eating since childhood to deal with issues, I tracked my day yesteday and was 3200 cals and that wasn't even the worst day I have had, can anyone give advise if you think I should stop tracking eveything and simple eat when hungry and exercise? Been reading up on it but the lose of control is scary to as I don't know if I will lose weight that way I feel lost :(

Replies

• laurenduffy1988
    laurenduffy1988 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just tracked what having today as I binged on full packet of buscuits and irn bru and having a Chinese tonight it's 5500 cals this has to stop :(
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I think you should focus on find a new way to deal with your emotions, issues, stress rather than focusing on weight loss at this point. You may need to seek professional help from a therapist or someone trained to deal with eating disorders.
    I don't think just stopping tracking calories will resolve your binge eating pattern since it has been ongoing from childhood.
  • laurenduffy1988
    Options
    Thank you, I have been trying to see someone but it is difficult as just started a new job to get time off, am going to try and purchase something online maybe I feel like I 've Diet but then it goes on a month binge and I am so hard on myself about it it just makes me worse
  • mscolour
    mscolour Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My dh has issues with overeating. He has had some support with this from weight management team (UK on nhs). A friend of mine has had help from overeaters anonymous. If tracking your calories isn't shocking you into doing something you probably need some support.
  • laurenduffy1988
    Options
    Thank you the tracking has shocked me into but I feel like I should be on a diet or counting calories to fix it don't know why I feel like this and it does the opposite makes me worse
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I have been trying to see someone but it is difficult as just started a new job to get time off, am going to try and purchase something online maybe I feel like I 've Diet but then it goes on a month binge and I am so hard on myself about it it just makes me worse

Purchase *something* online? Are you talking about online training? Diet pills? Some MLM? Or something unrelated?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    @laurenduffy1988, please make your diary open to the public. A lot of us have found ways to overcome binge eating and we can try to help, but we need to see your diary and your diary needs to be the truth.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Binge eating disorder is just as disordered as anorexia. Please see a doctor as soon as you are able.
  • laurenduffy1988
    Options
    I meant like some sort of cbt book as I know it's a disorder I have