Not 40 on the inside!!

Options
Hj My name is Dianne I am 43 years old. I am married with 4 children and have had a weight problem on and off over the years. Up until 2 years ago I was the bubbly fun friend that loved a good night out and was invited all over. Over a year ago I gave up smoking and I changed. My weight ballooned and I became a recluse staying in and only venturing out to work.

It took my 5 year old daughter to give me a reality check. She informed me that she did not want to be fat like me when she grew up she wants to be thin like her child-minder. Little darlings do not realise how much their words cut like a knife. That was eight weeks ago and I have now started to turn my life around.

Hopefully I can make some friends on MyFitnessPal and we can motivate and help each other inspire to how we want to be.

Replies

• Postlethwaite
    Postlethwaite Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It sounds like that was a life changing moment for you. This is a great place to take charge and get things done. Make some friends and keep us posted on what you are up to! Writing down your food and fitness can help keep you motivated. We are all here for more of less the same reasons!
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Welcome & good luck to you on your journey to the new you! I'm sorry that your wake up call happened like it did, but it's a good thing it got you jump started to become healthier! I hope you'll grow to love this site as much as I do! I love the support that is shared on here!
  • workingmumof4
    Options
    Thank you very much for the encouragement xx
  • ewhitis
    ewhitis Posts: 132
    Options
    I still have 90 lbs to lose and would love an additional friend, feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • workingmumof4
    Options
    Wow you have done really well, looking forward to meeting others in similar situations. Thank you for your support x
  • workingmumof4
    Options
    Hopefully we can encourage each other x
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi !Welcome to the site! I am nearly 41, an ex-smoker (7 years quit) and a mother as well. I love this site and have lost 40 pounds already! Feel free to add me as a friend and maybe we can help motivate eachother!