Super Emotional NSV/Photo

Options
llaurenmarie
llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
Good Afternoon all-- I'd like to share an NSV that has been tugging at my heart strings all day.

Last month my mother passed away. I've been feeling closer to her than ever and I cherish this warmth.
Today, my grandmother showed me her items that were with her upon death. I immediately saw her ring and want to put it on a chain. She's always been a beautiful and slender woman, and to my surprise... It slipped on my finger without budge. I keep staring at it and knowing I can keep her with me.

As one more NSV, I've been working since February on my yoga practice. Still vividly remember that terrifying first class, and leaving feeling a huge change inside of me. It's helped me battle my depression, carried me through my momma's death and generally has changed my life.

After these months, I can finally say Wheel is a part of my practice

13445563_10206931402306927_4928343030420804712_n.jpg?oh=0dfcd1c349801e56b01b249dedf057c1&oe=57D2944F

Replies

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your mom. So nice you can wear the ring in remembrance.
    Some positions are so hard to get into. It's a true victory when we finally get into one!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Thank you both.

Wheel has been my biggest challenge and now that I've done it several times unassisted, I can start working to stay up longer and curve my back more. So excited for what my journey has coming for me.
  • jmbeckford
    jmbeckford Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just wonderful! A true inspiration for us all!
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Blessings to you and congratulations on your accomplishment.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Aw thanks guys
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Terrific! Lots to feel good about :smiley: I'm sorry about the passing of your mother.
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Condolences on the loss of your mother, but what a beautiful way to keep her with you! Congratulations on your victories - small and large.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    :'(<3o:)
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    meryl135 wrote: »
    Condolences on the loss of your mother, but what a beautiful way to keep her with you! Congratulations on your victories - small and large.

The tiny things are definitely the big ones <3
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your mother. Congratulations on finding yoga & working on your practice. My brother died quite a few years ago, & yoga has been an important part of my recovery from the ensuing depression. I hope you continue to find solace in your practice.
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss - I can't imagine how difficult that is. I love that you are doing yoga - I'm a bit fan (getting me through husband's bout with cancer right now) - and am impressed you can do wheel!
  • MrsMizzart
    MrsMizzart Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oh hunny, both are wonderful accomplishments and very special in their own right.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your Mother. My Mom passed away 4 months ago and knocked me right off the fitness wagon...I think it's great you are supporting your own health through a sad time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!