50+ Group

Options
Looking for a small group of friends in their 50-60s to help be supportive and motivate each other. Let's do this!

Replies

• lori94901
    lori94901 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 50+ and would like to be in your group!
  • Smurfe04
    Smurfe04 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Same here. I am 54 and would like similar age acquaintances on here.
  • dlarsentx
    dlarsentx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me. 55 and keep losing the same 5 pounds ... over and over.
  • 2016Kate224
    2016Kate224 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • helenholland1963mfp
    helenholland1963mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 53, Please add me. I've lost 1st a nd kept it off for 2 years now.
  • TinyTexn59
    TinyTexn59 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am trying to lose the last 80. Have lost 32 here but over 73 total. This has gotten very hard lately and for the last six months I am gaining and losing the same 3-4 pounds.
  • Smurfe04
    Options
    Hey all, I started a group for us. 50+ Zone feel free to add yourself to the group!
  • Jacquitheelder
    Jacquitheelder Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 and would like to be included
  • lilthings1
    lilthings1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am 66, and trying to lose 30 lbs. Just started on 6/5.
  • lilthings1
    Options
    Please help. I am trying to lose weight, sat around all winter. Want to lose about 25 lbs. Grand Daughter told me the reason I gained weight was because I don't eat enough food to burn off fat cells. My issue is I don't like food, I will go most of day not eating, if I feel hungry I will grab something small. Then I will have dinner.
    I am now trying to eat more, had breakfast ,lunch and a snack of fruit yesterday. Then when I sat down to dinner I was still full from all I ate during the day, I got sick.
    All the weight lose things out there are to curb your appetite, I don't need to curb it. I need to eat more. Like right now, I had a banana for breakfast at 8:00 am and a egg sandwich at 1:00 and now feel sick.
    Any help will be gratefully appreciated.
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    54 here. I've added myself to the group. I like the group name, "50+ zone" sounds better than "geezers with guts".
  • lilthings1
    Options
    :)
  • Marybethg46
    Marybethg46 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Beth and I have just started The Food Combination Diet and it is working...Since May 22nd I have lost 4.8 lbs.
    I'm 70 years young and this is the only plan that is working for me...I have tried many over the years even went to weight watchers in Oct. 2010 and dropped 37 lbs only to gain it all back but 7 lbs...weight watchers is for the rich and famous and that is not me...so as you can see it has been a struggle...I am hoping to find a support group and am hoping I can succeed here on MyFitnessPal.
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 54 (almost). And just moved to Alberta. Looking to lose weight and add a few friends along the way. I relocated out here for my husbands job so this is the first time I have not had a job in a lot of years. So I thought I would like to get in better shape.
  • jazzajay25
    jazzajay25 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Count me in please, I'm 53 and a newbie and based in the UK. Need to drop about 30lbs. A combination of divorce, menopause and working from home has taken its toll. Time to take back the control and do this.
  • Sheenieg
    Sheenieg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi...52, embarking on 3rd marriage in 5 weeks..need to loose a stone!!! Love to join your group xx
  • Smurfe04
    Options
    Welcome y'all If you click the Groups tab/link above and type in 50+ Zone in the Search Groups box, you will find our group there. Click on in. It is an open group to add yourself! Look forward to seeing you there.
  • mcasteel148
    mcasteel148 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I turned 50 last December and am determined to lose weight (70 lbs) get healthy, have more energy and feel strong! Would love to join this group and do it together!
  • lisawilkes20
    lisawilkes20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    lilthings1 wrote: »
    Please help. I am trying to lose weight, sat around all winter. Want to lose about 25 lbs. Grand Daughter told me the reason I gained weight was because I don't eat enough food to burn off fat cells. My issue is I don't like food, I will go most of day not eating, if I feel hungry I will grab something small. Then I will have dinner.
    I am now trying to eat more, had breakfast ,lunch and a snack of fruit yesterday. Then when I sat down to dinner I was still full from all I ate during the day, I got sick.
    All the weight lose things out there are to curb your appetite, I don't need to curb it. I need to eat more. Like right now, I had a banana for breakfast at 8:00 am and a egg sandwich at 1:00 and now feel sick.
    Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Hi.
    I never used to eat much, never had breakfast, snacks for lunch, big tea.
    I started to eat breakfast, I started with a small bowl of Branflakes, then was surprised that I actually felt hungry by 11ish, so I started to eat Ryvita with cottage cheese, I changed my snacks to pieces of fruit or yoghurt, still have my main family meal at night but watch my portions.
    Start with breakfast, like me you may be surprised that you actually feel hungry & feeling sick just might be not eating enough anyway. List your calorie intake.
    Hope this helps?
    Good luck
  • lisawilkes20
    lisawilkes20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    jazzajay25 wrote: »
    Count me in please, I'm 53 and a newbie and based in the UK. Need to drop about 30lbs. A combination of divorce, menopause and working from home has taken its toll. Time to take back the control and do this.

I'm also 50 (March) & from UK. I class myself as a 'newbie' as I've never really done diets before, I am calorire counting using MFP, I'm nearly at the end of a beginners running group & also menopausal